Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Z-Table Deactivation at Database Table ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any way availabe to deactivate the Ztable at database level. Can we make a z-table inaccessible in Programs, FM's etc.

Eventhough we deactivate the Table in Data dictonery defination the Previous active version of table is accessible for all the application and they run successfully.This will not solve my purpose.

I wanted a way through which we will keep the Ztables in system but will make it in accessible for all the referring application. Is it possible?

Do we have any solution for this. Thanks for your help.

Regards,

Ravi Kasnale

9 REPLIES 9

former_member202818
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

It may helpful...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Why you want to keep the table in DB and not useful anymore in the system??

Better to delete the entries from the table. So that the table data can't be accessible.

BR,

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

Basically I would like to Identify the Ztables which are not in use. We wanted to deleted it.

My objective is to - Retain table and its content but the table will no longer be useful or cannot be used by programs/function modules/t.codes

The reason I am looking for something like this is to find a way to make Z-table inaccessible in to programs, function modules and t.codes in dev system and if there are no issues with those Z-tables, delete them 6 months later.

Let me know if this can be achived.

0 Kudos

I would just leave the tables there as is. If they are not being used it won’t be consuming any resources. Have you done a where-used list? This should point you to the programs, functions, etc., where these tables are used. In which case you can then delete also all these objects as well if they aren’t being used?

former_member184569
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Dont know whether it would serve the purpose.

But you could make the copy of the table, giving it a different name and delete the original table.

Basically you are renaming the table so the table still exists but it can no longer be accessed as the name has changed.

0 Kudos

Hi Susmitha,

I do not want to have this approch since it will delete the table records as well.

Regards,

Ravi Kasnale

0 Kudos

Ravi,

May be an authorisation concept at select query level based on table name is what you might be needing,if there is any.

K.Kiran

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why did you not just rename or change authorization for the table in the database manager ?

Regards,

Raymond

srivijay_dinnimath
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Go to SE14 and Delete the DB table. which will delete the table on DB level.

Regards,

Srivijay