cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create custom authorization objects in SAP BW?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I could see that there are lots of standard authorization objects like S_QUERY, S_RFC, S_RFC_ADM, S_RS_DS, S_RS_ICUBE, R_PARAM,R_PM_NAME,S_RS_COMP,S_RS_COMP1,

S_RS_ICUBE,S_RS_ISET in SAP BW.

But I wanted to create custom such authorization objects(Like S_RFC).  While I search through scn forum, I could get steps for creating value of authorization objects(Example: 0BI_ALL).

I wanted to create custom authorization object and after that I'll insert value of authorization object into that.

Kindly help me on the same.

Regards,

Antony Jerald.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one be able to help me to resolve my query?

Please reply.

Regards,

Antony Jerald.

0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

You can check this link for the detailed steps to create and maintain authorizations .

SAPTechnical.COM - Defining Authorization objects for custom database tables

Regards,

Shipa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mary Shilpa Balavendra.

Regards,

Antony Jerald.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There's an excellent step by step document about maintaining authorizations by Soumyadeep Guha.

You find it here:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/101fb4f5-eb7c-2c10-5daa-b479c47f0...

I used it while creating my first roles.

Regards, Leszek

former_member185177
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Antony,

Go to t-code "RSECADMIN".

Click on Individual Maint., and then click on create.  There you will get the options to create an authorization object on top of particular info provider.  Click on Info provider icon. 

Specify your info provider technical name.  Below that you have two more check boxes. one is on top of aggregates and another one full authorizations.  Select one check box as per the requirement.

One pop up will come with the required info objects.  Check those objects.

Note:-

0TCAACTVTActivity in Analysis Authorizations
0TCAIPROVAuthorizations for InfoProvider
0TCAVALIDValidity of an Authorization

The above three are mandatory and those values should be all .

Click on "Intervals"  tab for the required info object which you want to specify with one value. 

In the value authorizations tab:  specify the Include/Exclude and then operator and then your value.

Save and activate.

Specify this analysis authorization in the role at "BIAUTH". Assign the role to the specific user.

Regards,

Krishna Chaitanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I know these steps.  These are the step for creating value of authorization object and finally we'll add this under S_RS_AUTH.

My question here is different which I've explicitly mentioned as in How can we create custom authorization object like S_RS_AUTH ?

Please help me on this.

Regards,

Antony Jerald.

former_member194898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I see.

May be someone can help you.

Regards, Leszek 

former_member39123
Participant
0 Kudos

You can create it with RSECADMIN t-code.

Regards.