Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data doesn't display on Advanced List Pane in Embedded Component

sumeet_narang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I created an Advanced List Pane and attached a List Modification Form to create new entries for the list.

If I click on the New Button, the List Modification Form opens where I can add data. However after I click on OK button, the new entries don't show up on the list. I created a Refresh button and even if I click the Refresh button, then also the list doesn't update with the values.

The OK and Cancel buttons come up by themselves on the List Modification Form. Is there any way we can control them?

Could there be some binding missing?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

sinaei
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

Can you please let me know how you add your List Modifictaion in EmbeddedCompoenent?

Actually I have an embedded component in my QC view, and I have add ListModification there.

But when I click on the button in my embedded Component, the list modifier is not opening!

I see an error.

But in your screenshot, I saw you can open it.

can you help me how you can open it inside the C4C? is your embedded component isnide Standard view or it is custom?

Regards

Sin

sumeet_narang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I embedded this to the standard contact screen it worked on the UI. Probably there is some problem with silverlight. Anyways my issue is solved now.

Thanks for your helpful replies.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumeet,

I am not sure if I am right, but you may try binding the fields of Advanced List Pane to the fields under the Data List instead of those under the list modification structure. I may be wrong but thought it might be worth a try.

Good luck,

Jagathshree.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Summet,

For Configuration of embed component with data please go through the below blog.

For ListModification Form on Embed component please refer the below blog.

Many Thanks

Mithun

sumeet_narang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

Thanks for your response. I did everything mentioned in the How to create a List Modification Form.

I haven't however integrated it to the BO extension. Does it need to be done for the data to be displayed?

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Mithun,

Did you have successfullly integrated the ListModificationForm to the AdvancedList?

You can see this in the Designer tab when working on the ListModification.

As not even a refresh works I assume that the data is not transfered back, which means the ListModificationForm does not know where to place the data.

I assume the List is bound to a BO node.

Bye,

Horst

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not yet.......

still i am not getting any perfect solution.

sumeet_narang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

Thanks for your reply. I checked the binding, the DataList and the DataListModificationStructure are bound to the node segment but even then the data doesn't display on the Advanced list Pane.

One more thing I noticed is that if I Refresh my browser, then I get a popup saying that you have unsaved data Are you sure you want to navigate away from this page. I am attaching an image of the binding. Probably you would be able to figure out now on whats wrong here.

Regards,

Sumeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sumeet,

Please post a screenshot of the event handler that you are calling for New button.

The binding seems Ok from the above screenshot.

Thanks & Regards,

Meghna Sharma

sumeet_narang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Meghna,

I have called the Start event for the list modification in the New event. Attaching the screenshot.

Thanks and Regards,

Sumeet Narang

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sumeet,

And now a screenshot of the ListModificationStructure binding please.

Thanks,

Horst

sumeet_narang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

The ListModificationStructure is also bound to the same BO fields.

Attaching the screenshot.

Thanks and Regards,

Sumeet Narang

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sumeet,

Can you provide a snapshot for the binding info at the node "DataListModificationStructure" itself?

Thanks,

Horst

sumeet_narang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

Attaching few relevant screenshots with bindings.

Thanks and Regards,

Sumeet

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sumeet,

Those bindings look good.

Honestly I do not know why this should not work

Sorry, no clue,

Horst

sumeet_narang
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Horst,

Thanks for looking into this.

A quick question, could this be because I am doing this in an EC instead of the OWL?

Regards,

Sumeet

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Sumeet,

I don't know why this should make a difference, but you never know.

Bye,

Horst

dhruv_mehta
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No Sumeet in EC also it works,

I have done it my self. I think you should create an ABSL for after modify for that node for which you want to add the data.. Put a breakpoint there and check this instance if data is coming or not!

if data is coming that means something is wrong with the binding however it looks perfect but something might be wrong and if data it self is not coming in this instance , then yur list modification structure some how is not connected to your Data list.

Regards,

Dhruvin