cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1: Error while saving report to BI platform "There was an unexpected error saving your report to the server. Please try again or contact your administrator if the problem persists."

0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am able to create a report in Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1 on top of an OLAP connection (data source BEx query). However, when I am trying to save this report to BI platform, I am running into the following error:

The error was not resolved even after applying the following SAP KBA notes:

Below is the excerpt in the error log (on the path mentioned in SAP NOTE: 1709390),

However, could not make much sense out of it, as to how can the issue be resolved. If anyone has useful insights on this issue, please share the same with me.

Regards,

Alston

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alston,

We keep received this error once in a while and usually restarting the CR Services from CMC resolves the issue.

P.S: Since you're using CR for E 4.1, I hope you're trying to save the report to BI 4.1 (Same Patch as CR Designer).

-Abhilash

0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

Thank you for your prompt reply.

I am trying to save the report to BI 4.1 platform.

However, could you please confirm my understanding that the patch for CR for Enterprise should be same as that of CR Designer (CR2013)?

Thanks & Regards,

Alston.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually, the patches for both CR 2013 and CR for Enterprise should be same as the BusinessObjects Enterprise version.

-Abhilash

0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

Thank you for your prompt reply,

Currently, our config is such that:

CR2013 : 4.1 SP4

CR for Enterprise : 4.1 SP1

BI Platform client tools : 4.1 SP4

I think, perhaps we will have to upgrade CR for Enterprise to SP4 and then try saving the report again to see if the error is resurfacing.

Will keep you updated about how this fares.

Thanks & Regards,

Alston

0 Kudos

Hi Abhilash,

Even after upgrading the service pack level of CR for Enterprise to SP4, we are still getting the same error while saving the report created there in.

Any more suggestions as to how can the error be resolved?

Thanks,

Alston.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alston

Since you have CR for Enterprise then you also have BI and thus most likely you also have an S user ID. You can use the S user ID to create a phone incident at it is part of your Enterprise Support Package. Just saying as this may be the most efficient way of proceeding at this time(?). But please don't take as me trying to push you off of SCN .

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try restarting the BO Server once?

-Abhilash