cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal reports 2011, cascading parameter based on a value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

So far I have a command object in a main report and based on that a cascading parameter has got the filtered values displayed in it. Now I want to get rid of the command object query and bring the data straight from the table.

Here comes the issue I need to filter the data shown in cascading parameter based on a filter. Please let me know what are all the possibilities.

Also is it possible to pass the value as a default value for a parameter from which the cascading parameter values got filtered and hide it in the parameter window.

So whenever I refresh I am not seeing the default value parameter and the cascading parameter is filtered based on the hidden parameter.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

To filter the LOVs, you would need to build another command object and point the dynamic prompt to the field in this command object.

Go to the Database Expert > Click Add Command > Type in the SQL Query > Click OK

DON'T join this command object to the existing table/s. You'll receive a warning when you click OK but that can just be ignored.

Go to the Field Explorer > Create a new Dynamic Prompt > Choose the field from the command object under the 'Value Fields'.

The default value cannot be sourced from a field though. It always has to be static and typed in manually.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abilash,

Thanks for the reply.

All I need to do is to achieve this without the command object. I have the same scenario right now in my set up and I am trying to get rid of that.

Any Help?

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot do this without a command object, unfortunately.

Other workarounds I can think of are:

- Build a View in the database that filters the records and use the field in the view for the prompt

- Build the LOV in Business View Manager

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Great.

I will work on it.

Also I have a question how about that 'Show on Viewer Panel' option I have 'Do not show' selected but still I am getting that on the viewer panel.

- Gokulkumar

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The 'Show on Viewer Panel' option does Not prevent the actual parameter window from being shown when the report is refreshed.

It controls the parameter panel that shows up on the left hand side when the report is previewed.

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Got it on How Show on Viewer panel works.

I will work on other options and let u know my luck on those.

Thanks

-Gokulkumar

Answers (0)