Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_PS_PRECOMMIT has 'No data has been changed, precommit will not be executed'. What may be the reason ?

kirankerudi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ABAPers,

When I was debugging my program I came across this.

The internal table given at BAPI_PS_PRECOMMIT gave out this.

However, when I go to cj20n transaction I could find my Project Created !!

What is the meaning/reason behind ?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is an information message, AFAIK it is raised when neither networks nor WBS were created/updated, so if you only created a single project, no worry...

Regards,

Raymond

8 REPLIES 8

PeterJonker
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It is an information message, so it does not mean anything went wrong. Details fo this message I don't know, but I wouldn't worry about it.

0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

So you would recommend continuing with BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT not worrying about that message ?

0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using pre commit in you program else use that then check the sy-subrc = 0, if success user bapi commit work. Hope this will helpful to you.

Regards,

Joven.

0 Kudos

Replace sy-subrc = 0 with ET_RETURN analysis for no Error/Abort message, and I will agree...

Regards,
Raymond

0 Kudos

The type of the message according to your screenshot is I (Information), therefore since it is not an E message (Error) and not even W (Warning) YES I would do a BAPI_COMMIT.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is an information message, AFAIK it is raised when neither networks nor WBS were created/updated, so if you only created a single project, no worry...

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

Thanks for your answer. And Yes, I dont have any WBS under that project.

kirankerudi
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your answer.