cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect to environment after migrating Security from BPC 7.5 to BPC 10.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are working on BPC 7.5 to BPC 10.1 NW migration and after migrating the environment, we are unable to connect to environment.

While trying to access, we are getting the following error:

After taking a backup of the necessary environment in BPC 7.5 NW we are carrying out the 2 steps in the BPC 10.1 NW box:

Step 1 : Tcode UJBR - Restore the environment in BPC 10.1

Results: This is working fine.

Step 2: Program UJT_MIGRATE_75_TO_101 - Running the migration utility in BPC 10.1 to make the objects compatible with BPC.

2.1 Execute without Security Mapping

Results:

This is working fine. We are able to connect to the Environment and access the dimensions and models.

2.2 Execute with only Security Mapping

Results:

After this step, we are not able to access the environments and are getting the Logon error.

cannot get model "" in environment "xxxxxx" from Admin module
The logon attempt failed; contact your administrator.

If you have any options to resolve this error, it would be great.

Else, we will have to re-build the entire security design manually.

Regards,

Sushant Pradhan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant Pradhan, did you slove yours problem? I have same, please write your solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

try one user with SAP all after the migration from 7.5 to 10.1 security.

If that works, then you need to check your profiles and make sure that they have the BPC related roles.

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

Thanks for your response. Yes, my id has SAP_ALL authorization.

Still unable to access the environment after migrating security.

To make things less complicated, we went back to BPC 7.5 NW - deleted all unwanted user ids, we kept only 3 user ids. Then, we took backup of application set and restored it in BPC 10.1.

We created a mapping file of those 3 user ids in BPC 10.1 as NW user ids and executed the Migration utility. Again we have same error.

Regards,

Sushant Pradhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sushant,

After migrating security to 10.1 can you log onto the environmentshell?

Andy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andy,

I am able to connect to all other environments including ENVIRONMENTSHELL except the one that I am migrating.

Regards,

Sushant Pradhan