Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Smartform template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I want to increase the number of characters in a particular cell of smartform template, i have extended the size of cell but still its taking only fixed number of characters while i am providing the numbers more than fixed as an input . what to do next, can anyone please help me?

Thanks

IK

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check your data element length and check in debugg mode the value is correct or not.

Thanks

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

increase the total width of the row.

sum of all the cell length = total width.

s_nnoorie
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Khan,

if you increase the length of cell it will display the data in full length.

so it should be the problem with the variable / of internal table field problem.

1. check data in field.

2. if you have increased length of cell by deleting another cell then check

line and column in output option of the text for that particular cell.

3. check If you have given any char. restriction to the variable pass to the cell.

Ex. &var1(20)& etc.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all

actually, the cell tab is being referred by a standard data element and and the data type is only 20 characters, but user is asking to to extend it. please suggest.

Thanks

IK

0 Kudos

This Smartform is attached to Standard Transaction or custom program.

1. if Standard transaction then ask you Functional consl. if you can get alternate field with more char.

2. if customer program then change the data element (of structure used in smartforms) and in the internal table of program.

0 Kudos

Hello IK,

So you are gatting the data from the driver program or in smartforms programe line.Please share more light on it so that any one can help you .

Thanks

Sam

0 Kudos

Thanks to all of you.

its got resolved.

Regard's

IK

0 Kudos

What is the solution?

0 Kudos

actually someone has coded wrongly in code section at smartform level the fields we needed are present in VBKD table and with another data size , so i just changed table referal of the field