Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tag Push Button in Work Clearance Management

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Team,

Here I am facing an issue in getting the tag Button in "Switching Screen" in Operational WCD.

Please consider by steps as follows:

1. Created a Maintenance order for Functional location.

2. Assigned a WCM Permit in Maintenance order.

3. Created a Work Approval in link to the created Maintenance Order.

4. Created a WC Application and a Hot Work Application in link to Work Approval.

5. Created an Operation WCD in link to WC Application.

6. Assigned an Equipment (with technical object E) in maintenance screen for tagging.

7. Set Operational WCD as Prepared.

Even after performing the above steps, I am not getting the "TAG" push button in Switching Screen for Operational WCD.

Please guide me where I am doing a mistake in this case.

Have I forgotten any configuration part or process steps in the above scenario.

Thanks in advance.

Chin2.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Here my system not configure for WCM.However what I remember different push button can be set in switching screen base on configuration.Could you please check config

Thanks

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chintan,

Also one thing wish to add in post. Have you taken the print of WCD in first screen ?

Thanks

Harsh

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Harshvardhan,

Does taking print affect the appearance of Tag Push button?

Also, I am clear there is something missing with the config part and thats what I am askingas to what config am I missing for this. As I have mostly taken care of all the config at my end and am still not confident.

Anyways thanks for your reply.

Chin2.

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Greetings Chintan,

Can you please check the following:

Under

SPRO > Plant Maintenance > Work Clearance Management > Lockout/Tagout > Maintain Usage for Work Clearance Documents > Maintain Usages

have you defined the Operational Cycle specification and there are no blocking Approvals for the Tagging phase?

Also check the Approval settings. Compare this with an IDES system, where for Plant 1000 you need to issue an Approval "BTG" for the WCD to be enabled for switching.

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sebastian Lenartowicz,

Thank you so much for your valuable reply.

I have removed Blocking Approval from the above mentioned path.

Still the question here is, I have got the push button for "Print Tag" directly instead of "Tag".

What else is to be taken care here.

Also, the second step which you have mentioned here is not much clear to me. Can you please elaborate once again?

Sorry if I am being a nerd over here but I am configuring WCM in an IDES but I could not find any such config mentioned by you.

Please do help.

Thanks once again.

Chin2.

sebastian_lenartowicz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are now getting the "Print tag" icon immediately, and no "Tag" icon, all the while when your item is still in the status ITG, is that correct?

Under the same path I mentioned earlier, can you make sure the tick box "Tag" is cleared as per the screenshot? This tick box ensures that the Tag (set status BTG) is automatically done, and the first manual action is "Print Tag" (so in fact, you go directly from ITG to PTAG)

About the approvals, I meant the nodes under

SPRO > Plant Maintenance > Work Clearance Management > Approvals

in that you should maintain and assign Approvals and check the Cross-document process if you are going to use it with your WCD.

former_member200331
Contributor
0 Kudos

Sebastian Lenartowicz,

Such a nerd I am to miss the "Tag" icon tick removal...

Also, all approvals are configured and all in place.

Everything is A ok now.....

Thanks once again for solving my query.

Chin2.

Answers (0)