cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer being debited in accounting document is taken as AG rather taking it as RG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

While releasing an invoice to accounting instead of taking payer as debit , System is deriving sold to party as debit ( Also i checked there is no relationship of header/branch office maintained in the customer master )  this is happening only to G2 and L2 scenarios, Just curious how system is changing the customer in the accounting document ?

Regards

Waseem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Surprise!!!!!

while creating debit note through VF01--what the payer field mentioned in billing document

While creating Credit note--why customer will be debited???

Is there any same name similarities between payer and Sold to party..

Pl update...

Phanikumar

former_member220617
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Mohammad ,

AS I also tested the same scenario and I also getting the payer is same in billing and accounting also .

you are saying this is happening in only L2/G2 scenario, better to create new and try once . some times this may work .

also check with abaper to debug so you may get any solution .

Regards,

C.B Reddy.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CB Reddy

Thanks for reply, Do you know where SAP code is written i mean SAP Standard which says while releasing an invoice it should always be Payer partner function which should take precedence

I know according to STD SAP its always Payer , even i tested in my sandbox client its the payer which is being picked up, but if someone can share me the code where this is placed may be i can go ahead and check if there is any enhancement placed specific to L2/G2. As i am hardly getting help from Abaper for this current issue

Regards

Waseem

srinu_s1
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you check the change log of the sales order, may be if the partner could be changed.

thanks,

Srinu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinu

Thanks for your reply, there are no changes in the change log

Its happening to all the G2 / L2

If sold to party = X

Payer = Y

in Billing Payer comes as Y , but when release to accounting FI accounting document is debited with X , rather Y

As SAP standard suggests it should always be Payer unless  if there is a Head office/Branch relationship maintained in billing type as - A Customer=sold-to party where sold to party and payer being different , in the accounting document sold to party will be passed and will be deibited accordingly. But in my customer master i have not maintained this Branch/Head office relationship

Any other thoughts , wether this can be mapped by OBBH ? i checked this too and unable to get any clue

This is happening to all the co codes and not restricted to any sales org , restriction only seems to happen for L2/G2 credit and debit memo

Regards

Waseem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

Any ideas for the above scenario, if any one has come across a similar situation ?

Regards

Waseem

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have tested with a Credit Memo and found, system has considered only Payer in Accounting Document.   Incidentally, I am not sure why you have specifically indicated AG / RG. 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi

Yes its perfectly correct if system picks up Payer , but in my scenario while releasing the invoice to accounting , it picks up the sold to party instead of payer

Sold to Party   and Payer  is different in my scenario as i mentioned Invoice ideally should pick up payer but it doesnt.

Do we have any userexits at the time of releasing the invoice to accounting where in we can setup a logic of triggering the sold to party , rather payer ?

I checked this BAPI but were of not use

BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_POST

BAPI_ACC_DOCUMENT_CHECK

Regards

Waseem

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Sold to Party   and Payer  is different in my scenario

I have also tested with the same case (Sold To and Payer are different) in Credit Memo and found system is fetching Payer only.  May be you need to check whether already some exit is in place in your system which is causing this issue.

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Lakshmipathi

Yes i have already asked my abaper to debug the scenario, as it doesnt look standard to me.

Regards

Waseem