Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel 7.42

AK31
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have just noticed that Kernel 7.42 has been released. Is there any information as to what's new in this release?

Regards

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

karl_kessler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

Kernel 7.42 supports a lot of enhanced ABAP features delivered in SP8.

Here is an initial list of focus topics: http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-58352

We are currently working on more detailed rollout information.

Regards

Karl

AK31
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karl,

thank you for the information. I will leave this discussion open for the time being in case you want to add some information to it.

Regards

Andreas

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jasmin_gruschke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,
in addition to Karl's SCN document (http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-58352), you can find additional information in the ABAP language news (ABAP Keyword Documentation) for ABAP 7.4 SP8 or the corresponding info for the previous release ABAP 7.4 SP5.

Cheers,

Jasmin

AK31
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

thanks for the replies but I wanted to know what is new in the release and not "what is release 742". For example, Kernel 7.21 introduced the gw/sim mode as well as possible performance boost of up to 20 %.

Since Kernel 742 is the "innovative" Kernel, it would be interesting to know what innovations have been included.

Regards

Andreas

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I believe I have heard or read somewhere that there are new features which will be fully introduced and working by 2015 sometime.

Let me check the source, I will come back to it.

Regards,

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

That is the reason why I gave you the above link. The information supplied there is from the kernel team. Most of the notes and documentations related to the SAP kernel are provided under the "General Information" of every kernel release. If there is no sufficient information then they are not available to the public. According to this article the kernel team will provide further information in the document I have provided you initially. Maybe can provide you some more details.

Regards

RB

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can check the document for updates on kernel.

Regards

RB

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can check below note

Refer - 1969546 - Release Roadmap Kernel 740

Regards,