cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Index: 1, Size: 1 (Error: INF) error when try to open WEBI Report in BI Launchpad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a WEBI report with BICS Connection in BI Launchpad. This report is having some formula variables created in WEBI itself. When I refresh the report and save the report and open the report again in BI Launchpad in View mode I am getting this error shown below:

If I open the report in the Modify mode, I am getting the following errors and all the variables I created in the report went off.

Kindly help me in solving this issue, as we are approaching the date to move our reports to Production.

Regards,

Arun Krishnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Arun,

Seems its a known issue. You have BO version below BO 4.0 SP6?

Find SAP note stating the same error and see the resolution. SAP Note:1927884

Symptom

• SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform 4.0 SP07 deployment.
  • When opening a Web Intelligence (WebI) document in the Web Viewer, get error of form "Index: <x>, Size: <x> (Error: INF)" where <x> is the number of tabs (reports) within the document minus one.
  • When opening the WebI document in the Rich Internet Application (RIA), get error:

"Unable to get the first page of the current report.  Check the validity of your report. (ERR WIJ 20003)."

and

"The report cannot be generated.  Please contact your administrator"
  • Saving the document to Excel 2007, the Excel is missing one or more of the tabs (reports).

Cause 

The Navigation Map, an internal structure used to reference tabs (reports) within the Web intelligence document, is missing a tab reference.  This is an internal corruption of the WebI wid file. 

There is no definite cause for this issue, but internal investigation ADAPT01697177 suggests it is resolved with ADAPT01698782, that is addressed with BI 4.0 SP06 Patch 4 or BI 4.0 SP07 Patch 1.

Resolution

1. In BI launchpad User Preferences, ensure Web Intelligence Preferences has the Rich Internet Application selected for Modify mode.
  2. In BI launchpad, right-click the problematic WebI document and select "Modify".
  3. When the WebI document opens in the RIA, click "Close" on any error messages.
  4. Refresh the document - ensure no errors are thrown and the document refreshes correctly.
  5. If no errors are encountered in the refresh, save the document.
  6. The WebI document should now open without error in the Web Viewer.

Regards,

Nikhil Joy

Answers (0)