cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error msg while posting entry in GL using F-02

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

While i am posting entry in GL using F-02 getting error message as "no controlling area has been assigned to company code"

can any help me out at the stage i dint want to configure co settings is there any way to pass the entries

Thanks & regards

Nandini

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member206852
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nandini

You are getting this error because you have done OX06 settings but have not done OX19.

If you do not need CO configuration, then you got to delete your settings via EC16.

Regards

Syed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandini,

Please assign this company code to the respective controlling area (OKKP) else check the following :

Kindly check the operating chart of accounts you assigned to company code has "manual creation of Cost element" or Automatic creation of cost element.

Please check and confirm.

Regards,

Prakash

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prakash,

Thanks for the reply, i have assigned "manual creation of cost element " in operating chart of accounts,

pls. advice me on this.

Regards,

Nandini

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nandini,

Please Define Controlling Area and assigned it to Company Code. (T. Code : OKKP).

This will resolve this query. Please refer this link : http://scn.sap.com/thread/1605149

Hope this helps !!

Regards,

Prakash

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nandini,

Check the field status of the GL whether you have defined cost centre or order defined as a required entry. If yes, then changed as optional.

Regards,

Mukthar

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nandini,

Have you defined a GL account as a cost element? I think you have multiple company codes which are using same chart of accounts and this company code is also using the same chart of accounts. And also you have configured single controlling area for all company codes. Even though you have not assigned this company code to controlling area. The cost elements will create at controlling area level.

Due to this system is throwing error message.

Please check and let us know if you have other issue.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi muktar

Thanks for reply, i have created only one company code and one chart of accounts,and i have not  configured controlling area i am doing fi configuration only.

pls advice me on this.