cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To use Infoprovider restriction at RKF level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

This is based on the below discussion, where I amazed with Yasemin options:)  First of all thanks to Yasemin for  bringing so many options.

Coming back to my question:-

In the mentioned thread, it was suggested, to restrict the Customers count based on Infoproviders.

Suppose I have my DSO with only Materials and another cube with sales details where I have customer and material details along with transaction details. and both are added in Multiprovider.

Now if I want the customers count for those having the materials present in the DSO, how to achieve in BEx query? Will we able to get it by Infoprovider restriction along with material char by someway.

This would be really helpful, if someone can advise on this.

Thanks.

Regards,

Sakthi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think this can also be achieved by using i_step = 2. In the routine, get all the materials from your DSOa= and store in the Formula varibale. Then use this formula variable to get your customer as suggested by Yasemin.

Rgds..

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Shambhu,

Thanks for your reply. just to make it clear for my understanding. you are saying, instead of new query for materials, we can achieve this by formula variable.

Please advise more, on how to get these materials populated in formula variable using exit.

Regards,

Sakthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Sakthi. In this way, we do not need any query to built on the DSO to get your material list.

In your report, you will creat5e a formula variable and in CMOD, you will popuklate the material from your DSO in this Formula variable. later, this will be used in your RKF to get the customer.

Hope this will help!

Rgds..

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Shambhu, I will check this .

Regards,
Sakthi.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shakti,

I have the same issue what you have . I used the customer exit variable and restricted with all the values of DSO , and it works for me . You can see the thread you have mentioned. I asked suggestion from Yasemin.

http://www.sap.com/company/legal/impressum.epx

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Thanks so much for confirming this. To be honest, I raised this question based on your thread only.

I got the idea now:).

Regards,
Sakthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

You have mentioned a correct thread as its showing some other legal info.

BR

Venkat...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see the thread mentioned by Shakti.

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthi,

In this situation the way I suggested wouldn't work. For this case you can create a variable on material with replacement path on a query (you will need to create a new query on DSO, only add material to the rows and select key for display and use this query in the replacement path variable).

then you can create a RKF adding the calculated key figure for counting customers, restricting infoprovider with sales details, restricting material with the variable you have created. It will work then.

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Yasemin for your reply. One more question, for this need , Is this required the DSO to be added in MPRO or Can we use any object based query in replacement path?

Regards,

Sakthi

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sakthi,

Not sure if I get your question. You can use any query in replacement path, but the query to be used should have only one characteristic in rows with key display.