cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration framework and Intercompany Addon for PO/SO setup

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

we are currently running V9.0 PL11, IC 2.0, latest patches.

Items replication is going nicely between the head office (HO1) and the one branch (BR1) the Intercompany module is currently setup for. I can track all replications, which happen 24/7 at the incredible speed of one item every 92 seconds (yes, i am being sarcastic here).

We have also configured the Head Office and Branch partners to sell, buy, deliver and receive items to and from each other.

We are at the stage where transactions need to be exchanged between the head office and the branch. So I created a Purchase Order from the Head Office (our setup requires branch and head office to buy items from each other indifferently) and I expected a Sale Order to be generated on the Branch side. But this did not happen.

Looking into the Integration Framework, I see that our "exchange" setup is based on a generic CXS Package Scenario, where only three steps are activated, Error Handling, GenericBIU.S and GenericBIU.R. I believe that Generic means "look at the 4 global data authorisations (Items, BOMs, Prices and Partners) and replicate whatever needs being replicated".

I have created my own ABC package scenario derived from the CXS package in order to run the PO/SO processes separately from the Items replication, therefore deactivating GenericBIUs from my own package.

But I am going around in circles trying to figure out what the correct setup is when I clearly need to configure the B1PO2B1SO R and S, and B1DELV2BAGRPO R and S.

Do I actually need to create 2 scenario packages here such as I would get

PackageScenario1 -> B1PO2B1SO.S having HO1 as the sender

PackageScenario1 -> B1DELV2B1GRPO.R having HO1 as the sender

PackageScenario2 -> B1DELV2B1GRPO.S having BR1 as the sender

PackageScenario2 -> B1PO2B1SO.R having BR1 as the sender

Is this the correct way? I don't see how HO1 and BR1 will exchange documents in this kind of setup. For some reason, I cannot specify a receiver. I have tried using the Apply processes, but when I try and activate it returns an error saying no sender system specified.

Any help very much appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well it turns out, against all odds, that my little setup worked and that creating my own Package scenario made of copied steps from the CXS package was conclusive and permitted the creation of SO documents at the Branch site as a result of PO documents manually created at the Head Office site.

However, the SO document is generated as a Draft document. Is there a way to create a final SO document without manual intervention? In the SBO administration setup I have specified that all marketing documents be Accepted by default by that doesn't seem to be enough.

So is there a way to do it from the integration framework or can it be done only from the Worklow designer?

former_member216187
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

IC is by design will create only draft document in the recipient system.

you cannot override this in IC.

Regards,

Agneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for this info Agneesh.

But I can do it with the Workflow, right?

Or can you suggest another way of creating the final document from the IC draft?

former_member216187
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Phil,

The reported replication speed in very uncommon and manifolds to the average.Do ensure conformity of your environment setup with the Sizing guide provided along Intercompany solution.

In case of SO not integrated in Branch company, did you checked Intercompany Message log? Could you apprise me, in which of following stage,event appeared in Intercompany message log before you deactivated the scenario package:

1. Event not appeared Intercompany Message log.

2. Event stucked in processing on Intercompany Message log.

3. Event got failed and failure message. 

Its highly advisable that you do not deactivate Intercompany relevant scenario packages manually.Rather, check your configurations across Intercompany environment.

Regards,

Agneesh Jain

SAP Intercompany Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agneesh,

It falls into category 1, message not appearing in the intercompany message log.

Amazingly enough, last night replication fell into around 10 seconds per item, for the very first time.

But B1PO2B1SO.S and B1PO2B1SO.R behavior is very erratic. I got an IC-Sale Order received on the receiver side with no transaction generated.

I also got a similar draft.

It is functioning very erratically.