cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display WPF Control (Busy Indicator) over Crystal Reports Viewer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We are trying to display the WPF Strandard Control (Busy Indicator) from WPF Toolkit over the Crystal Reports Viewer, when the report is being generated.

But the busy indicator goes below the Crystal Reports viewer and Crystal Reports viewer on the top.

Please suggest whether there is any solution to show the WPF control over the Crystal Reports Viewer.

Screen shot Attached, we have positioned the screen, so that you can see the Busy indicator (highlighted)  goes below the Crystal Reports Viewer.

Crystal Reports Version : Free Version that comes with Visual Studio 2012.

WPF/.NET Framework 4.5

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you upgrade to SP10 and see if the issue persists?

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-7824

- Bhushan

Senior Engineer

SAP Active Global Support

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

Getting started and moving ahead with Crystal Reports .NET applications.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan,

Upgrading to SP10 didn't solve the problem.

Thanks,

Sathya

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any updates?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Like Bhushan, I have this on my "to do" list. Unfortunately, other tasks (such as phone incidents take precedence). I'll see if I can get to testing this later this week. In the meantime, it would be good to get more info on how to reproduce the issue. E.g.; so far I believe you are the only one to mention this behavior, So the question would be; why?

Oh. If this becomes critical for you, you are able to create phone incidents here:

Crystal Single Case Technical Support - SAP Business Objects US Online Store | SAP Online Store

If this turns out to be a bug, the incident will be refunded.

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I did get a chance to quickly test this but the indicator works fine for me.

I tested it with my sample report though. The indicator does appear on the centre of the viewer while generating the report.

Is there anything else you are doing with your report / viewer, apart from just viewing the report?

Do you set any viewer properties explicitly?

Could you reproduce the issue using below procedure to view a report in a wpf viewer?

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/a09f7025-0629-2d10-d7ae-df006a51d1a8&override...

- Bhushan

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To add to Bhushan's post and my musings before that. Since Bhushan cannot repro the issue, it may not be a bad idea to attach a sample app here that does repro the issue(?).

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhushan/Ludek,

Bhushan cannot reproduce the issue because I think he's talking about the indicator from Crystal Viewer itself which is fine.  The busy indicator I'm talking about is from WPF tool kit. I'm trying to get the WPF tool kit busy indicator above the crystal report viewer. (like in the attached .jpg file from the original post).

Thanks.

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

could you post the steps how do you add a custom processing indicator control to the viewer?

-Bhushan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steps to reproduce.

Need xmlns references to Wpftoolkit extended and Crystal report viewer.

<Grid>

<wpftoolkit:busyindicator Isbusy="{Binding Isbusy,Mode=TwoWay,UpdateSourceTrigger=PropertyChanged}">

<my:CrystalReportsViewer Name="crystalReportsViewer1"/>

</wpftoolkit:busyindicator/>

</Grid>

Load the crystal report in the crystalReportsViewer1 and try displaying the Busy Indicator setting the Isbusy to true from the Viewmodel.

ER. Busy indicator should display above the crystal report viewer.

AR. Busy indicator goes below the crystal report viewer.

Thanks.