cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material scrap factor without increasing BOM qty.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP experts

In our factory wrong material is mostly scraped once in a week. Unfortunately this situation few times generates parts shortage on production due to material which we can't be used and which is not removed from SAP.

I want to avoid manual material forecasting in MD62 and Safety stock increasing.

is there possibility to increase material demand by scrap factor (or similar setting) without increasing bom qty (i can't increase it due to cycle counts and stock accuracy verification)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is there possibility to increase material demand by scrap factor (or similar setting) without increasing bom qty (i can't increase it due to cycle counts and stock accuracy verification)

If you are talking about components then try with component scrap or else you are talking about assembly try with assembly scrap.

Please refer below document which explains various scraps in production.

BR
KK

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Likasz,

It seems you don't want to increase the requirements for your components, but you want to consider the scraps of your finished product. I don´t think there is a solution for such thing.. its a loop.

Let's suppose your have a simple BOM structure:

1 UN of finished product (A) consumes 1 UN of raw material (X).

You have a daily forecast (PIRs) equal to 100 UN per day.. and you don't have any safety stock policy. In this case, your MRP will say that you have to produce 100 UN of A per day and consume 100 UN of X per day.

Now, you see that everyday, the production instead to be 100 UN of A is 95 UN of A, but you still consume 100 UN of X.

So if you want to increase your production, in order to ensure 100 UN of A per day, you have two options:

- Use a scrap factor with will means that the system will think that to produce 100 UN of A you will consume 105 UN of X

- Avoid the scrap in the manufacturing line... I know this is not something that you will solved

Sorry if I misunderstood you question.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Likasz,

For your issue, Using component scrap,

1. If this Component scrap is only relevant to the individual BOM, then on item detail of the BOM maintained the Component scrap.

2. If the component scrap applies to a material in a number of BOM, then maintained the Component scrap in material master (MRP4 View)

Using this Component scrap you achieve your requirement without increase BOM quantity

Ex.

Material Components ROH – components Quantity

100 Pcs

Components Scrap

5%

Scrap Quantity

5 Pcs

FERT material suppose to produce 100 Pcs, for this required ROH material 100PCs

If you maintained the component scrap 5% in material master, then your Pur.Req should generate for 105Pcs,

I hope this information helpful to you, Please get back to us in case of any issue

Regards

Umesh Mali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply

I've tried to set up

• MRP1
  • MRP4
  • and by adding scrap in CS02

But every setting increase material Reqmt Qty in created order by scrap % and i want to avoid that and increase material demand to speed up orders fo parts. To be honest i don't think this is possible but i want to be sure before i abandon this approach.

UmeshMali4994
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lukasz,

component scrap is one of the solution for your issue.  If your requirement is different, Please share your requirement with example. It's helpful to us understand your requirement.

Regards

Umesh Mali