cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CORBA error while communicating with SL service

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

One of our webI report is failing with the error "CORBA error while communicating with SL service". We found a relevant note for the same 1716523. The resolutions given in the note are follows:

Filter the result set to return a smaller set of data.

Increase the heap size of the Adaptive Processing Server.

The question what I have is

When we are rerunning the job sometimes it is going fine without any errors. Does this mean rescheduling the job(the time in which the server is least loaded) resolves the error.

How to find the time in which BO server is least loaded. ??

Best Regards,

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you increase the Heap size?

1774121  - BI 4.0: CORBA error with Web Intelligence document based on large BEx query (BICS)

You need to look in CMS metrics  to find out how busy is BO. And also if no users are logged in, that means the system is not loaded.

Ideally, you can schedule the report off peak hours like may be after the business hours.

And also look at the KB i have attached, look for timeout settings.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We did not increase heap size yet.

Does increasing the heap size requires reboot of the server or does restart of adaptive processing servers will be sufficient?

The note 1774121 is not applicable in our case as we are on BO 4.0 SP05.

former_member184512
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just restart of APS would be fine after changing of heap memory.

Even we are facing same issue. Increasing a heap memory did not work to us. SAP confirmed us that its an bug. One of the SAP consultant asked us to upgrade from SAP BI 4.0 SP4 P6 to latest version to resolve this issue.

But for time being SAP provided work around.

By increasing -requestTimeout (double the current value and test) value to higher end on APS/CMC/AJS/Webi may help us to resolve issue. Just make sure to run report based on modified APS/CMC/AJS/Webi only.  We have requested users to schedule reports, so we admins make sure to run those particular on these servers.

SAP published this work around in one of the SAP note(I forgot the note number).

Thanks