Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CO02 - adding a part with a script

former_member1215448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I want to do a script to add parts in a production order that already has a list of parts in CO02. But where can I click in CO02 to tell it to go at the end of the parts list?

Like in this example, we are at line 730. Usually we scroll down and manually add a part. But in a script, you can't scroll down.

How can you tell it to go to the next available line.

There is a "Insert component" icon at the bottom, but that's no good since it adds a part with an Item number.

Patricia

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Petricia,

Try using Filters. Follow these steps:

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia ,

CO02 -> Go to -> Overviews -> components->edit -> Insert -> general

In this case you can insert a new component without manage last number position.

If you use also number item in the insert activity the system will order it.

Daniele

former_member1215448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mariano, this is pretty good, but in your 3rd print screen, I need to enter the part number in that single value field, right?

And what about if we are adding a part that already exists in that order, it doesn't bring you to a new empty line. Anything we can do about that?

Daniele, unfortunately for me, when going in Go to, Overviews, the components word is not selectable for us and we can't ask our programmers to change it.

Patricia

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia,

The idea is to enter a filter: material equal to <blank> (you have to do the same thing that I showed in the screenshots). This way, the first line of the components tabs will be the next available item...

So, for example suppose that you have a list with 15 components.. in this case, the next available item to enter a new component will be the item 0160. So when you do what I show in the screenshots, item 0160 will be the first line.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

former_member1215448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Mariano, I follow your steps, but the result is different.

After selecting the filter, the pop-up doesn't have the Material in the left column, so I add it, then click Enter.

And then I click on the yellow arrow besides the Material to get this pop-up.

I don't enter any data and then click on Execute.

And it brings me to line 0010 which already has a part number. So my script would write over it.

Patricia

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia,

In your third screenshot, you have to press this button:

Then select the = sign in green color. This means equal to empty!

Try and let me know.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

former_member1215448
Participant
0 Kudos

All right !!! This works ! Awesome.

Any idea on how I could get the Material to always stay in the left column of the pop-up instead of having to bring it every time to the left side?

Patricia

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Patricia,

I think it is not possible and you will need to leave CO02 and bring the filter by material in each execution.. So you script will take some more time.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Patricia,

If you can't go to the last line, why not inserting in the first line?

You can click in the "Select All" button and then in the "Insert Material"  button.

Regards,

Daniel Vieira

former_member1215448
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Daniel, when I add in the first line, it doesn't attribute the part to an item number, which we need.

Patricia