cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Components (Run MRP), Based On Dependent Requirements Generated By Planned Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PP experts,

I've been informed that "if you load the planned orders for the finished products you're trying to make, you don't need to run the MRP or load Planned Independent Requirements for your Finished Products. You will only plan your components (run the MRP), based on dependent requirements generated by

the planned orders."

How do you plan your components (run the MRP), based on dependent requirements generated by the planned orders? Which Transaction Code is used and how?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marianoc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

If you are going to run the MRP using MD01 (or MDBT for the background) and you only want to consider your components, you will need to assign MRP type ND for your finished products and PD for your components. This way the MRP will skip the materials with ND and is going to consider materials with PD.

Kind Regards,

Mariano

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's exactly what I needed. Thanks Mariano! You're help is greatly appreciated.

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Please observe that, if you are creating PIRs using strategy 11 for the finish product, you must define a proper MRP type for the finished product also.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that's one of the two options I'm thinking about.

Thanks again for all your help Caetano.

By the way, which country are you located in? The US? Europe? Also, your name sounds Portuguese or Brazilian, is that correct?

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Oscar

I'm from Brazil. You can read my if you want to know more about me.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not know of this Blog It Forward initiative. It helps me know the people that help me and contribute to this SCN community. I will add my name to the list and hopefully share things sometime soon with the rest of the community. Thanks again. Have a nice day!

-Mr. Bello

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Oscar

You can run MRP for all the materials of a plant using transaction MD01 or scheduling a background job on transaction MDBT.

MRP selects the materials to be planned according to the planning file. For each MRP relevant change, the planning file of a material is checked and it will be selected on the next planning run. An MRP relevant change may be a master data change or the creation of a dependent requirement, reservation, purchase requisition or any other planning element.

In your case, when you create a planned order for a finished product, the BOM is exploded and dependent requirements are created for all the components. That will mark the planning file of all the components and they will be planned on the next MRP run.

See this link for more details:

Checking the Planning File - Planning Process - SAP Library

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Caetano!