cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Firming Of Planned Orders Without Using Planning Time Fence

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello PP gurus,

Is there a way to configure/customize SAP to automatically "firm all Planned Orders" created during MRP run? I'm looking for something other than the Planning Time Fence or Custom Code (If custom code is the only option, which BADI/function should I use?).

I implemented the time fence, but it didn't work for the business requirement.

Business requirement: Create multiple planned orders for same material for each MRP run FOR THE SAME TIME PERIOD COVERED BY THE PREVIOUS RUN.

Example:

1. I have initial requirements for a week for 10 CS and 4 Cs available in inventory.
  2. 1st MRP run creates Planned Order #X1 for 6 CS to cover shortage.
  3. Additional requirements of 8 CS are entered by our sales team after the fact for that same time period. 2nd MRP run currently modifies Planned Order# X1 from 6 CS to 14 (original 6 + new 😎 CS to cover shortage.
  4. I would like to firm X1 when it is originally created for 6 CS and have the 2nd MRP run create another Planned Order X2 for the 8 CS added after the first run and also firm X2 right after it is created.

Using the Planning time fence, I was able to get all Planned Orders within the Time Fence firmed after the first MRP run. The problem is that when I execute a second MRP run, the Planned Orders needed to fulfill the new(recently-added) requirements of 8 CS get pushed outside outside the Time Fence into the future.

I need something that firms the orders automatically WITHOUT pushing them into the future?

---I will gladly reward points for helpful/correct answers.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Oscar

The only functionality to automatically firm planned orders created by MRP is the planning time fence, with a proper MRP type.

Depending on the firming type defined for your MRP type (customizing transaction OMDQ), you will observe a different system behavior. The following options are available for this setting:

1Automatic firming and order proposals rescheduled out
2Automatic firming without order proposal
3Manual firming and order proposals rescheduled out
4Manual firming without order proposal

It means that newly created requirements within the planning time fence will be either rescheduled out or a replenishment proposal will not be created to cover them.

Another alternative is to use BAdI MD_PLDORD_CHANGE to automatically firm all the planned orders created by MRP (See document for more details about the BAdIs available for MRP).

However, if you want to implement this functionality using this BAdI you should think carefully about the impact of this change on the MRP results. For a requirement changed or deleted, the existing planned orders will not be adjusted by MRP, that means, you may end up with more stock than it's actually necessary or planned order for which a requirement does not exist anymore.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Caetano Almeida,

Great blog on the BADIs For MRP.

I will probably have to use the BADI suggested then.

"For a requirement changed or deleted, the existing planned orders will not be adjusted by MRP, that means, you may end up with more stock than it's actually necessary or planned order for which a requirement does not exist anymore."

The stakeholders are aware of the consequences of "firming them all." Their order cancellation rate is almost 0 and they sort of have a make to stock model which is very stable.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Caetano Almeida,

You seem to be the expert for PP. Can you help with the following query whenever you have a chance?

Thanks in advance!

-Mr. Bello

Answers (0)