cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to count Customer who is ordering new material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

I have DSO which contains new material details till some date and Sales cube. Now I need to count how many customer I have those have purchased new materials and and what is % of new material to old materials.

I created a Multi provider but I am unable to count Customer based on other material which is in DSO.

Please suggest it is urgent

Thanks in advance.

Arvind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Yasemin the DSO did not have Customer. Old Customer means the material which is not present in DSO.

I have DSO which contains only New Material and sales CUBE which have customers.

Now I need to count those Customers who are ordering the new material which are in DSO. I have created a Multiprovider with DSO and Cube 0SD_C03. I already counted the Customer with Exception Aggregation but now the main problem how to count those customer based on DSO material.

Please suggest

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Now I get your problem. Then you don't need a multiprovider. Create a query on DSO, add only material to rows. Then create your query on sales cube. Create a RKF, add counted customer key figure and add material. Restrict material with a new variable. Create this new variable with replacement path using the query you have created for DSO.

That will work.

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasemin,

I did the same thing by another way. I created the a Customer Exit variable on the Material and restricted that with the values of DSO in CMOD. After this in RKF which is counting the Customer I restricted this Variable.

Please suggest if this approach is ok or not.

Thanks

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

That is also another approach you can follow. It comes easier for me to create a query instead of writing codes in cmod. So both ways are ok, you can choose any one which you feel close to.

Regards

Yasemin...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

I guess similar dioscussion is going on in a diffirent thread too. I can say that even this approach would work and fetch you the desired result.

Rgds..

Shambhu

yasemin_kilinc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

As far as I understand you only want to count the number of customers coming from DSO. Kodanda's suggestion will work, though if you also need to count the number of old customers (I am not sure what you have meant with the ratio of material to old material) then you can create a query on multiprovider. Create a CKF (set is as 1), use exception aggregation as counter fpor all detailde values using customer as the reference.

Then create a RKF, restrict infoprovider with your DSO and add this CKF in it. Now you have the number of new customers.

If you need the number of old customers you can create another RKF restricting infoprovider as the cube and using the same CKF you have created.

Regards

Yasemin...

KodandaPani_KV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

are you brining the any constant KF 1 at cube level?

if yes drag the KF to column apply the exception aggregation on customer.

select the KF -> go to the exception aggregation tab -> use the exception aggregation - counter for all detail values that are null are zero -> use the reference char -> customer.

then put the mateiral in rows panel run the query in RSRT.

Thanks,

Phani.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

I am not sure, how to do with your current design..

but another option would be to have some flag as navigational attribute in your Material Infoobject from Sales cube, to identify whether those are new materials or not. So when we enabled that nav attr in cube, we can make use of the counter on customer in Bex query. To populate that flag in Material infoobject, you can refer this DSO.

or even to add that flag directly in your sales cube, and in lookup on this new material DSO, you can flag this field.

Regards,

Sakthi