cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignment not valid

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am updating my Org Structure w/in C4C, and I am continually getting this error message. Please help b/c I am stuck.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rich,

You get this error because you have assigned some employee or Manager to this unit?

Please provide more details.

Could you elaborate on this to get us more clarity to answer this?

Thanks

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ankur,

Thanks for responding. I am setting up a somewhat complex org structure w/in C4C, and I have assigned the appropriate managers to their specific units. I have the manager in their appropriate unit, and I have also added those managers as employees in the unit above them as a Reporting Line with their manager in the unit.

Does this help, or do you need more details?

ankurgodre
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for confirming Rich.

What you can do is EDIT one Org node at a time with Employee & Managers & the Functions, SAVE, CHECK & ACTIVATE one at a time...This will help firstly diagnose the issue as to which specific org node or employee assignment is causing this error.

Also, make sure that the Job positions are created properly & have valid validity & those are assigned correctly in the Org model for the Employees you are adding.

Try this & let me know if you are able to pin point the erroneous record.

Let me know the results please to help you further.

BR

Ankur

Message was edited by: Ankur Godre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the advice Ankur. I tried it on a few nodes, and it seems to be working when I add the Manager to the node as an employee.

However, I am running into an issue when I have one manager under multiple nodes. I received the same "Assignment not valid" error message b/c the Manager of the node is not an employee of that node b/c the manager does report specific to the manager of said org structure, they report to a different manager in a different org structure.