cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How-to use the TradeReceivablesPayablesRegister BO?

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ByD experts,

I am facing a problem with the TradeReceivablesPayablesRegister BO.

I want to add a Project ID assigned to the Payables and Receivables according to the assignment done on the corresponding Invoices.

The logic is not hard, but the context of the BO is I think.

Here is how the BO is structured:

Root node: NO Public write access, NOT extensible

Item node: NO Public Write Access, IS extensible

ItemOverview node: NO Public write access, NOT extensible

Finally, the QueryByelements is in the ItemOverview Node.

So what I did is I used the query from the ItemOverview node and I extended the Item node with my require extension field.

However, when I code and I am in the ItemOverview after my query, I cannot use the ToRoot or the ToParent association. This is making impossible for me to go and put a value for my extension field in the Item node.

I already encountered a similar problem with a BO structured the same way as this one (ProjectExpenseView BO).

- Is this due to the fact this BO has no Public Write Access?

- Do all the Business Administration Object have no Public Write Access?

- When a BO or its nodes have NO public write access, does this means we cannot even create our own BO and write in it?

- Finally, do I need to ask SAP to release this BO for Public Write Access?

Thank you all for your attention.

Best regards.
Jacques-Antoine

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jacques-Antoine,

The BO ProjectExpenseView is a view BO . This means it is a copy from another Deployment Unit and therefore complete read-only.

Regarding the query on the ItemOverview node and traversing ToParent or ToRoot: This should work. That's what the Overview nodes are developed for.

Can you explain in detail how to you try to acces the Item node?

Thanks,

Horst

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Horst,

actually for this issue I am in the TradePayableReceivableRegister BO.

So first, I did a query on all the items with the BTD ID containing INV* in order to retrieve all the items coming from Invoices.

Then for each item retrieved, I do another query on the corresponding invoice in order to retrieve the Data I need in the Invoice.

From here I want to assign a value to my RetrievedItem's extension field. But I cannot go in the root node of my RetrievedItem. I can just stay in the ItemOverview.

The only thing available to play with the Root is the RootUUID, on which I could perhaps do a Retrieve().

Here is my sample code:

I hope this can help you to understand better my issue.

Thank you very much for your attention.

Best regards.

Jacques-Antoine

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Jacques-Antoine,

The "RetrievedItem" is a data structure not a node. Therefore you see all elements of this data structure but nothing from the node like associations, queries, ...

Please replace the statement "resultData = query.ExecuteDataOnly(..." by "resultData = query.Execute(..."

HTH,

Horst

Jacques-Antoine
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Horst,

You are right. I did find the ExecuteDataOnly was the issue yesterday.

I changed it and it worked!

Thank you very much for your attention. You just answered to me a question I had regarding the documentation. I never quite well understood what meant the "which just includes business object node data" regarding the ExecuteDataOnly, but now I get it.

Bet regards.

Jacques-Antoine

HorstSchaude
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

You're welcome.

Answers (0)