cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open a ERP transaction code with filter value of a Design Studio Crosstab (e.g. VA03 sales document)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a Design Studio Dashboard with charts and detail jumps in Design Studio Crosstabs. My last and final wish is the jump into erp system to show the details of the document.

Are there any options to call an erp transaction code (e.g. VA03, VA23, etc.) with filter value of the selected Design Studio Crosstab row?

Example:

Click on the sales document number in the DS Crosstab...

... and show the selected sales doc. in the ERP transaction VA03.

Thanks in advance and best regards,

Michael

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member131154
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I think there is a way to get that... first of all I assume you know how to make the Crosstab "selectable" and how to assign a script to it to open a URL in a new window.

If that is given you only need to find the right URL 🙂

How to get that one?

Your ECC sytem has a URL to open the WebGUI. If you do not have that one, ask you admin or create a Report-Report-Interface from BW Query to ECC Transaktion and run that from a query. The window that opens then has the right URL in it.

The syntax will be like that...

http://<yourserver>:<yourport>/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?&~transaction=VA03

To that you have to add the field you want to to be pre-filled with the value you select in the crosstab.

Go to transaction VA03 and hit F1 in the field you are interested. In the help window switch to the "technical information" (icon in the top bar) and check the last field called "Screen Field". That is what you need. In your case: VBAK-VBELN

Now put everything together and take care for the "space" in between the transaction and the field witch have to be ULR-proof coded like %20.   

http://<yourserver>:<yourport>/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?&~transaction=VA03%20VBAK-VBELN=<yourdocumentid>

BTW this can be used for all BI clients if RRI is not supported.

Hope that helps.

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

many many thanks for your response! Your proposal works fine!

One final question I have:

How can I set the selected sales doc. from Crosstab to the URL? 

In a test scenario I have add a sales doc. in the URL to call the Transaction VA03...

APPLICATION.openNewWindow("http://xxx.xxx.xxx.x:xxxx/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?&~transaction=VA03%20VBAK-VBELN=4711");

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards,

Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

I will try the parameter passing with the following how-to-guide:

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-41397

I think, it should helps!

Regards,

Michael

former_member131154
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

okay, try that how-to guide. If you do not get it up and running with that we can have a look into it together.

Dirk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dirk,

could you please give me a short example to set the selected docnumber as parameter for the concateneted web gui url?

Thanks and regards,

Michael

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´ve tried the following steps:

Example: Display Material

Design Studio Variable Xv_matnr:

Open the new Window with the webgui and the selected Material Number of the CrossTab:

The passing of the selected value as parameter (Material-Number) works fine in the URL, but the Parameter isn´t paste into the Input Field of MM03

I think one single (small) thing I should change

Many thanks in advance!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I´ve found the issue.

In my case it is not necessary to use a Variable to set the URL parameter.

It is only necessary to concatenate the beginning of the web gui url with t/code and the selected Member of the CrossTab

Thanks and regards,

Michael

kohesco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you have your DS document on the BI launchpad you can use opendocument lingo to dive into erp.

check out this document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Koen,

many thanks for the very detailed and helpful how to guides.

The "DYNP_OKCODE=/00" is also very helpful in case of jump to ECC.

Best regards,

Michael

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Michael - that sounds like RRI, right?

Design Studio doesn't support that now, but appears to support that in the next release:

See Figure 1, Planned Innovations