cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nakisa additional Language

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues,

We need to add a additional standard language in Nakisa OrgChart 4.0 SP1, We have donwload the software and installed it in the server.

Installation  path C:\usr\sap\XXX\XX\j2ee\cluster\apps\Nakisa\OrgChart\servlet_jsp\OrgChart\root.

but when we try to activate the additional language in adminconsole, preferences options, the new languague It´s not available?. It´s necessary any additional configuration? or before the installation new language checks must be visible in admin consolte?

thanks for your help.

Albano

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Albano.

In the language pack download ZIP there is a ReadMe.txt file.  Section 5 covers the steps necessary for installation and section 6 the activation steps.  I'm guessing that you have followed these, but just in case you have not, you should review those.  In particular ensure that in step 13 that the log is confirming a successful installation.

If you have indeed followed these instructions and can confirm a successful installation for the desired additional language, then I would suggest restarting the OrgChart application and then re-checking AdminConsole to see if you can activate the language (as per section 6 of the ReadMe.txt file).

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I have checked the log, and it seems to be ok. There are not errors.

When I try to active the new language in admin console (section 6 the activation steps).

I only see the english languages, this is not a expected behavior?

I appreciate your help.

regards

Albano

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Albano.

Have you tried the app restart I suggested? My thinking is that it is possible it just needs a refresh to pick up the new language options.

Beyond that I'd perhaps suggest confirming the language file updates are actually in place in the file system.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I restart the system but the issue has not been solved. I think the installation it´s right, But when I login to admin console, It´s not available the new language.

It´s really strange, I have apply this changes Enable additional languages - ERP Human Capital Management - SCN Wik

but when I change the language value in file ManagerResources.xml, the system automatically replace the file again with original values?.nakisa overwrites the laguages server files.  It´s this normal?

Regards,

Albano

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What OrgChart build number do you have in place? 09010???00

Are you installing using JavaVSN40LP1_0.zip?

Did you extract the contents to:

C:\usr\sap\XXX\XX\j2ee\cluster\apps\Nakisa\

(not further down as you put in your original question)

Are you sure the LP install worked? Did you read the readme and run the

For example, under your root directory is there a log file

/.system/application/lang_backup/log

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

The build is Version 4.1 Build 0911012400

yes, we have extracted the zip content to:

C:\usr\sap\XXX\XXX\j2ee\cluster\apps\Nakisa\ JavaVSN40SP1LP1_0

Them we execute the jar file NakisaLanguageEP40SP1.jar with the paths

Application Folder

C:\usr\sap\XXX\XX\j2ee\cluster\apps\Nakisa\OrgChart\servlet_jsp\OrgChart\root

Application Delta Folder

C:\usr\sap\XXX\XX\j2ee\cluster\apps\Nakisa\OrgChart\servlet_jsp\OrgChart\root\.system\Admin_Config\XXXXXX_SAP_live\.delta

when the execution is finished, I chek the log in the follow path and it's seem it ok.

C:\usr\sap\CED\XXX\XX\cluster\apps\Nakisa\OrgChart\servlet_jsp\OrgChart\root\.system\application\lang_backup\log

but when I going to activate the new language in adminconsole/preferences, I only see the default languague.

Regards,

Albano

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you attach (or paste if not too long) the log file into the thread?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here it is.

Thanks for your help,

Albano

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks, could you also attach:

C:\usr\sap\CED\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\Nakisa\OrgChart\servlet_jsp\OrgChart\root\.system\Admin_Config\<your build>\ManagerResources.xml

and

C:\usr\sap\CED\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\Nakisa\OrgChart\servlet_jsp\OrgChart\root\Language\Languages.xml

If these are updated properly, I'm struggling to see what is wrong.

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok, there are the files.

C:\usr\sap\CED\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\Nakisa\OrgChart\servlet_jsp\OrgChart\root\.system\Admin_Config\XXXXX__SAP_live

C:\usr\sap\CED\J00\j2ee\cluster\apps\Nakisa\OrgChart\servlet_jsp\OrgChart\root\Language

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

Do you think is all right?,

We have include some custom analytics in this delta, but this should not impact on the new languague? maybe I need to redeploy this build.

Regards,

Albano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

the issue it´s solve.

thanks for your help.

albano

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to hear it ... what solved your issue? (was it a undeploy, deploy?)

Former Member
0 Kudos

really, one ManagerResources.xml file was missing.

I just copy the file and it work.

thanks

Answers (0)