Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Installation Issue

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

could you please clarify, what would be the issues if development system is installed in local but quality and production systems are installed in domain installation. how can we set trans directory? what other issues will come in this scenario?

OS is windows 2008 R2.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Pradeep

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you want to keep this as a local installation and other as domain ?

Regards,

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Divyanshu,

we planned to install HA for production system hence it would be in domain installation but our previous consultant installed development in local. we don't have time to do system copy right now to change into domain installation.

can you please advise can we keep the current landscape as it is (Development in local, Quality and Production  will be in domain)?

If no, what are all the issues will come in future? how to set trans directory in this scenario?

Regards,

Pradeep

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

I see that you may face issues while importing the transports into Production.

Probable solution could be to create SAPService<SID> of Production on local as well as domain and add them to relevant groups.

\sapmnt and \saploc shares on Production have full permission to sidadm and SAPservice<SID> of DEV and QAS.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

It's better you take the system backup, then go with a system copy and reinstall using domain option.

Regards,

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You don't need to perform a system copy to switch from Local to Domain. You just need to make sure that the SAP and DB services are running under a domain user.

The transport directory should be accessible to the users under which the SAP systems are running If you prefer to keep the D system as a local installation and the other systems as a domain.

Regards

RB

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Reagen,

What I have shared is what is stated in installation guides for windows.

page 44

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700001406872012E

Regards,

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

May be you should also check this old discussion.

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Divyanshu

I am aware of that information but I just voiced out my experience.

We did a physical to virtual move a month ago. We installed the target system as a Local installation and once the import was completed we switched from Local to Domain and this was done for all the systems in the landscape including production.

We did not do a system copy again to switch from Local to Domain.

Regards

RB

divyanshu_srivastava3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks RB.

I have not switched from local to domain like this, however read system copy method many times while going through the guides, so shared it.

Regards,

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tamil_arasan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks all,

I will check and do the system copy or service migration into domain based on time permits. Thanks once again.

Regards,

Pradeep