Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Transport an LT configuration?

Hi all,

I have researched quite a bit of documentation but couldn't find a way to deliver an LT replication scenario (i.e. the set of tables to be replicated, ideally also transformations and filters) as part of a software solution that is shipped to a customer.

The LT configuration (the set of tables to be replicated) is part of a solution we're shipping and I want to automate the deployment in the customer's landscape as much as possible. Specifically, I don't want the customer to have to manually launch HANA studio and enter the table names.

Is anyone aware of a solution for this problem? If there isn't a transport tool or a reliable way to transport the necessary table entries, perhaps there is an API that I could program against? E.g. I could write a Post-Install Wizard program that the customer executes in order to have the LT configuration created and the tables that are part of the scenario added. Any ideas and experiences?

Thanks a lot,

Thorsten

Tags:
replied

Hi Thorsten,

there is no transportantion concept, because SLT generates a different objects and cannot guratantee that they will be unique any more after a transport.

But here are the solutions for your problems:

1.) List of tables: You do not need the Hana Studio to start the replication. Via transaction LTRC you can also start the replication. There is also a multi select (e.g. copy&paste or upload via xls. file). This is also the approach that are used by other RDS, side-car scenarios.

2.) Within LTRS you can down- and upload all transformation and table stettings. This can be used to transfer the setup from a Dev to a QA or Prod system.

Best,

Tobias

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question