Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport an LT configuration?

former_member182046
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have researched quite a bit of documentation but couldn't find a way to deliver an LT replication scenario (i.e. the set of tables to be replicated, ideally also transformations and filters) as part of a software solution that is shipped to a customer.

The LT configuration (the set of tables to be replicated) is part of a solution we're shipping and I want to automate the deployment in the customer's landscape as much as possible. Specifically, I don't want the customer to have to manually launch HANA studio and enter the table names.

Is anyone aware of a solution for this problem? If there isn't a transport tool or a reliable way to transport the necessary table entries, perhaps there is an API that I could program against? E.g. I could write a Post-Install Wizard program that the customer executes in order to have the LT configuration created and the tables that are part of the scenario added. Any ideas and experiences?

Thanks a lot,

Thorsten

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

tobias_koebler
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Thorsten,

there is no transportantion concept, because SLT generates a different objects and cannot guratantee that they will be unique any more after a transport.

But here are the solutions for your problems:

1.) List of tables: You do not need the Hana Studio to start the replication. Via transaction LTRC you can also start the replication. There is also a multi select (e.g. copy&paste or upload via xls. file). This is also the approach that are used by other RDS, side-car scenarios.

2.) Within LTRS you can down- and upload all transformation and table stettings. This can be used to transfer the setup from a Dev to a QA or Prod system.

Best,

Tobias

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182046
Contributor
0 Kudos

Tobias,

Thanks a huge lot for this answer. I'm glad I'm on the same page with the typical RDS, because my solution (actually multiple solutions) work(s) along the same lines and I'm happy to use their best practices.

Best,

Thorsten