cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to implement the summary report of a specific property?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts.

We want to realize the summary report of specific property on following situation, but we can't find the good solution.

for instance:

(1)ENTITY Dimension

ID Region

------------------

DE EUROPE

FR EUROPE

MY ASIA

ID ASIA

TH ASIA

("REGION" is one of the properties of ENTITY dimension)

(2)Example Data

ID JAN FEB

DE 10 5

FR 5 5

MY 10 10

ID 2 3

TH 23 24

(3)Report that we wanna realize

ID JAN FEB

EUROPE 15 10

ASIA 35 37

In addition, we wanna make this report as following situations:

-Without assigning "Region" as hierarchy

-Without displaying each member level (DE, FR, ...). only display their property such as EUROPE and ASIA.

-BPC version is 10.1(NW).

By the way, we make out to subtotal each property to use "Member Sorting & Grouping" in menber selector, but we want to implement without displaying each member.

Is it possible to implement? Please advise us the good solution.

Best Regards,

Masa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Masa,

BW and BPC do not aggregate by property, only by hierarchy. You can always create additional hierarchy to aggregate figures in different ways. This is the correct approach.

"but we want to implement without displaying each member" - not possible, aggregation is done on Excel level.

Vadim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vadim.

Thank you for your useful advise. I will try to add some hierarchies to satisfy the demand!

Best regards,

Masa

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In our system we have dimension - TITLES (print and digital magazines, newspapers, websites etc...) We use 5 hierarchies for different aggregation methods. Works fine!

Vadim

0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

How much hierarchy can be created for particular dimension. ? Is there any best practice for no. of hierarchy? 

Regards

Harpreetsingh

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Harpreetsingh,

There are no defined limits, but you have to create reasonable amount But what for you want to create a lot of hierarchies?

Vadim

0 Kudos

Hi Vadim,

Previously I had the same requirement as masa, So I have searched for solution which masa is asking for.

At that time I also came to conclusion that creating hierarchy would so this problem, but didn't created because I referred somewhere that creating 3-4 hierarchy for dimension is good practice. More than that it might impact performance. We already had that same no. of hierarchy.

This type of report can be created with the of BW Bx Query, so we created with it.

Regards

Harpreetsingh

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

5, 6, 7 can be also ok! Some cases can be solved by simple dimension member formulas... You have to always test performance on the real data!

Vadim

Answers (0)