cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving an Excel Template to use as preferred view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Managing Templates - SAP List Viewer (ALV) Grid Control (BC-SRV-ALV) - SAP Library

I followed the steps in the above link and when I get to "Creating your own templates", I am able to save a selected template and I get the message  "document successfully transferred to frontend but when I navigate to the location the file is not there.

Thank you in advance for the help!!!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

Can you send a screen-shot please.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Below is a screen shot of each step of the function I am using... when I look for the downloaded file it is not at the location shown??

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

It works OK for me..

There are a whole series of authorisation checks on Auth Object S_BDS_DS ..

Try an SU53 afterwards to see if that highlights anything.

Also check that you have the necessary permissions for the file directory (i.e. a MS Windows issue).

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

So here are my authorizations for S BDS DS.... I also looked at SU53 and included a screen shot of that because the information does not make sense to me. 

Thanks for the help!

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David

The top records in RED are the ones you need to be concerned about. Although these don't appear to be related to the issue..

Have you tried to manually save a document in this directory to prove its not a Windows issue??

Also try downloading the Excel file to your desktop.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried saving it to my desktop and it did not work...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can save files to my desktop with no issues its only when trying to do it from SAP.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

Try the authorisation route then.

Do any of your colleagues have the same issue? If not, then make sure your GUI is up-to-date.

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would be the only one trying to use this function in my area but I can ask another to try it.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

David,

Yeah - its worth it to see if its a general issue, or a local issue.

If it works on other PCs, then get someone to log onto your PC and try it.

As stated above - check your GUI patch level. You should be on the 730 GUI by now...

PeteA