cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CSPB: BOM freeze multi-level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

I have frozen two BOM structures with transaction CSPB (multi-level).

One of the structures was frozen down to the last level, in contrast the other structure was only frozen until the first level.

My assumption was that the multi-level freeze depends on the Individual/coll. indicator in MRP4 view. But this seems not correct as the master data for the sub-assemblies looks the same.

I hope somebody here can advice.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Br,

Sven

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

we found out that this strange behavior was based on a material which was marked for deletion.

If you have a material which is marked for the deletion. The CSPB t-code stops with processing further and ends with a log message (I miss understood this message, that's why I didn´t follow up on that).

Thanks a lot for all your input.

Br,

Sven

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Sven

Please share the message ID, number and text.

BR
Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

message ID is Message no. 29122.

Material ABC Plant123 is flagged for deletion.

The transaction behaves same as you  create an BOM with TA CS01 if you have a component (marked for deletion) the system will stop and will raise an error.

In such a case you have to remove the component or the deletion flag. Afterwards you can again freeze the BOM. The system will offer you only the not fixed components which the already fixed WBS-elements will not appear in the pop up.

In this way SAP keeps the system consistence.

Br,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

thanks a lot for your feedback.

I share the same knowledge to MTO scenario. In my case we only maintain MTO scenario for the header material and don´t pass the requirements further down. This means all  child materials have ind/coll indicator set to 2 in the material master.

But during freeze in transaction CSPB, in one case all levels are fixed, but the other example is only fixed until level 2. I assume the last one is the correct behavior, but can not figure out why the other example is fixed until the last level.

Does somebody knows if the version indicator is important for the BOM multilevel freeze in CSPB?

Cheers,

Sven

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sven,

you should have strategy 20  (MTO scenary ) in the MRP 3 View.

After this the component below should have individual value or blank in this field so that production strategy will be trasmitted to child component and also freeze activity will work correctly.

Do you already try to manage this value (Individual/coll. indicator) in item position? In this case

you have not set this value in material master.

Let me know if a figure out weel you problem

Daniele

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniele,

we are using in both cases strategy group 50 for the main header. The subcomponents are in most cases phantoms and have indv/coll. "2".

As far I see (in our system) there is no possibility to maintain indv/coll. indicator at item level of the BOM.

We also do not use different BOM explosion type on item level.

Br,

Sven

Message was edited by: Sven Loe

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sven,

If you are not willing to maintain Indi/Collective indicator at material level then try with BOM item level.

Define a explosion type in OS17 Individual/Collective Indicator and Assign it to the BOM item details.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KK,

we are maintaining the ind/coll indicator on material level.

Both BOM structures seems same. Header material has strategy 50, sub components are in both cases phantoms.

Question is what is influencing the freeze to child materials. Is it only the ind/coll indicator or can it be something else?

Br,

Sven

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sven,

Yes in MTO scenario for child components Indi/Collective indicator only influence the requirements and receipts per header material requirement.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sven,

MTO scenary is setting with strategy planning in MRP3 or for child with ind/coll indicator .

This value ( or in material master or in item bom) is used to define MTO logic from header materials.

You can set 2 value when you want to swich on MTS process.

Daniele