cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To disable Request Print Option in ESS Salary Statement

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have to disable the Print option in salary statement as there is already print option available in Adobe Form.I tried by hiding for individual User ID but want to do it for all the Employees.

Here is the screen shot.

Let me know where shall i do?

Regards,

Vikram A V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am looking into making a similar change and wanted to see what you ultimately did to accomplish this?

ImranSajid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The solution above should work to hide the button altogether, but another option is you can just disable the button so that it cannot be pressed via a simple change to BADI HRESS_PAYSLIP_BADI_IMPL directly from within SAP without having to do the floor plan manager enhancement. In order to do this go to the following area in the IMG. You can either create a new BADI implementation or adjust the code within the existing BADI via an enhancement spot in the code.

When you get into the BADI the METHOD we want to adjust is IF_HRESS_PAYSLIP_BADI~ADJUST_PRINTBUTTON_STATUS

Just change the standard code to pass the value abap_false to the ev_enabled variable.

The button should then be disabled for everyone when the salary statement is run. See the before and after image below.

A third option for hiding the button completely would be to set the default view to hide the button for everyone. Keep in mind this means that people can right click on the screen and unhide it if they wish. This needs to be done by running the application configuration HRESS_AC_PAYSLIP in admin mode from SE80

Once you run it and go into the default settings for everyone to invisible

This will need to be put on a transport and transported to your other systems - the system should prompt you when you save.

What I mean when I previously stated that someone could reactivate this button - by right clicking and selecting user settings and then invisible elements there is an option for "Restore Button "Request Print" which restores it for the user only.

Really any one of the 3 solutions could be an option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

Thank you very much.

Let me try this and will get back to you.

Regards,

Vikram A V

ImranSajid
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

Just curious if this worked for you and if you were able to get this closed out?

Thanks,

Imran

Lukas_Weigelt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vikram,

in case "Salery Statement" is the same as "Payslip" and you are using WebDynpro ABAP, here is the way I did it: For Application HRESS_A_PAYSLIP respectively the CC HRESS_CC_OVP_PAYSLIP for FPM Component FPM_OVP_COMPONENT I have created an Enhancement. Within the Enhancement, for Page "MAIN_SCREEN" and Schema PushButtonRow (Loosely translated from German, I hope you know what I mean :-/) I have set the Button for printing "invisible".

Pretty easy solution at that (fortunately) without any dynamic programming etc 😉

Cheers, Lukas