cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a standard way to integrate Buildings and Persons?

0 Kudos

Hello,

We have implemented the SAP Realestate (FX) facility modules with all buildings and we also have a
full SAP HR running with master data for all employees.

And we would like to use an integration point so we can register in which building a
specific employee is located or have his daily working place.  Today in
SAP HR we are using infotype 0032 which have fields for building and
rooms.  Both fields are 6 characters long.  When we look in the facility
module
we can see that the same fields for building and rooms are 8
characters long.  So this seems not to be the spot where SAP suggests us
to make the integration point.

We have then looked into the infotype 1028 of a PD object.  This infotype contains
address and can be controlled via the table T777A.  And the fields for
building in this table are 8 characters long.  But we cannot see any
standard integration points to a Personnel number.

So where is the SAP standard integration point between a building/room to an employee?

Best regards,

Martin Ringive

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jakubsalata
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would try to create new object assignment type in table TIVBDOBJASSTYPE, that allows to assign HR record to RE-FX object.

Kind regards.

cecile_rohi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

I have exactly the same question as Martin but unfortunately, I don't know how to customize this table.

Can you provide detail and information what entry we have to create ?

Best regards
Cécile

jakubsalata
Participant
0 Kudos

A solve with new entry in table TIVBDOBJASSTYPE needs some developing: implement new interface inherited after IF_REBD_OBJ_ASSIGN_MNGR and PBO function module (simillar to standard REEX_GUI_OBJASS_AM_PBO).

By standard you can choose reservation functionality which works with architectural objects and business partners. Look at: https://help.sap.com/saphelp_dbm800/helpdata/en/d9/98a00fd3224e498fb78f651dc5f14b/content.htm?frames...

Kind regards.

cecile_rohi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

Thanks a lot for your quick reply but as i'm not comfortable with these developments, I prefer secure that our expectations will be covered by them.

To sum up:

- we have a SAP system managing Real estate

- we have a SAp system managing Human Resources

- we are going to implement an integration between RE-FX to HR to load all addresses of companies/buildings. We plan to use some standard tables VIBDBE, VIBDBU and VIBDPR. Hope they are the good ones .

What we want after is to have an integration between these Adresses master data and the infotype 6 or 32 in SAP HR. The idea is to avoid any free text and help the employee to choose in a match code (with the same formatted adress) his work adress.

With your solution, do I achive this ?

Sorry for this questions but this part is new for me.

BR Cécile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Martin and Cecile,

Did you have any other feedback on the subject?

I need to understand this integration as well.

my Case

Must integrate the architectural object to HR Employee (HCM).

In the current structure was created an object that is a "working bay" and we need to associate the official (RH / MCH) to this "work" bay.

Thanks for listening,

André.

cecile_rohi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello André,

I don't have positive feedbacks. In parallel of this blog, I opened a SAP ticket (285741/2015).

The answer from SAP is clear: there is no integration between the 2 sub modules.

Due to that, we will probably develop some specific in our solution to be able to read the site's adress from RE-FX in the work adress in HR.

BR
Cécile