Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Crystal Report SDK

Hi,

I have been browsing the knowledge base for some time now without a solution.

We have a large number of reports which were migrated from Crystal reports 9. Currently for scalability and performance reasons, we have purchased Crystal Enterprise 2013 server with CMS and BI.

I migrated the current Asp.net application to use the Enterprise features using the  SDK classes such as

CrystalDecisions.Enterprise.SessionMgr to login to CMS,

Getting Report Id from InfoStore ,

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportAppFactory using boEnterpriseSession.GetService("RASReportFactory")

and  to create a CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocument using boReportAppFactory.OpenDocument(reportId, 0).

I am using a Report Viewer control ( Version 14.0.3500.0) to view the reports in an asp.net page. (.Net version 4.0)

However, I am still getting an error after 75 reports. "The maximum report processing jobs limit configured by your system administrator has been reached."

at CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ISReportAppFactory.OpenDocument(Object DocID, Int32 Options).

In many cases this issue has been mentioned and the solution is to use the enterprise edition of the server. Since I am already using it, what  am I doing wrong ?

This is becoming a deal breaker since we purchased the Enterprise edition to eliminate all these issues.

Please help me to solve this issue urgently.

Thanks,

Saj

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Hi Saj,

Most of the articles you have read are about standalone CR.

As you are using CR Server, this should not be an issue for you.

Here are two solutions for you. I would suggest implementing both.

1. Add additional RAS Servers. You could add a new RAS server in CMC - Servers.]

2. Logon to Central Management Console (CMC) go to Servers and Server List.

Right-click on RAS and click Properties.

The default value for Maximum Concurrent Report Jobs is 75. Increase this values to a definite no such as 100.

More the load on your Enterprise, more RAS servers you would need.

- Bhushan

Senior Engineer

SAP Active Global Support

Follow us on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Try the SAP Idea Place

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question