I am absolutely new to RDS and have been going through the RDS documents . I have come across the types of activation methodologies in RDS and might need your guidance in understanding which one should I go for.
We want to implement CRM using RDS. The client is willing to integrate it with their already existing/implemented ERP system.
I understand that we need to install in Installation Data Files and Solution Files into SAP solution builder for Automated Activation. I do not know how to use Sol Builder as well. Completely new to it.
Are we also supposed to do this for manual activation as well?
When to use Manual and when to use Automatic?
Info given by SAP in the RDS is given below for reference.
- To implement the business processes in a new system or client
- To evaluate the business processes in a sandbox environment. Automated activation is the fastest way to get the new business processes up and running, typically within a few hours.
- Download the installation data files from the Implementation Content Files area for a specific country and release. These files contain the configuration data. For information about the correct implementation content files, see the Quick Guide attached to the SAP Note.
- Download the related solution file from the Implementation Content Files area.
- Import the solution file into your SAP system using the SAP Best Practices solution builder.
- Upload the installation data files into your SAP system using the SAP Best Practices solution builder.
- To integrate the business processes in your already running and productive business environment. Manual configuration is typically the safest way to activate the new business processes integrated in your system.
- In a pre-assembled system environment, some of the configuration steps have been done already.