cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activity to confirm default values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Within our SAP application we have situations when it is necessary to confirm parts of the "activity to confirm" (of which we use 1-3 - Setup, Production Time & Overhead) without confirming any quantities.  The problem this causes, is that when a second (or third etc) confirmation is made, the default value that is entered is the total amount (see image), which we then must amend to the remaining value.

Is there a solution that can be used to change the default value from the "Planned total" to the "Planned total" - "Already Confirmed"?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel.

From customizing tcode opk4 you can select by "plant-order type" if he system need to "propose" or not the Quantity and Activity. Tab "Ind.Entry of Operation..".

Thanks, reagrds.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the response.  There are 3 tabs available as seen below.

Generally valid settings

Generally individual settings

Operation indiv. entry using initial scrn

I can see the "propose" option you are refering to but not for the "activity".  A quick trial with "quantities" and "services" had no success.

Can you advise?

Regards,

Dan

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dan,

If I understood your question correctly then please try with In OPK0 try with Default tab where select Immediate Proposal for Quantities and Services.

If you are looking for something else then please elaborate your issue.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Apologies for the confusion in terminology.  It is the services that I am refering to and our OPK0 profile is set up as above.  My query is whether it is possible to change the value that is proposed from the total value to the total REMAINING value.  In my original image this would mean defaulting in the value 0.680 rather than 3.680.

Hope this clarifies things,

Dan

Added:  The help info for "propose" with OPK4 suggest that it does exactly this, however my trials with this option active have been unsuccessful.

For info:

Propose activities

Specifies that the activity which according to planning has yet to be confirmed, is proposed for confirmation by the system.

Examples

Total activity to be confirmed (setup) = 100 hours

Activity previously confirmed (setup)  =  70 hours

=> (Proposal)  Activity yet to be confirmed (setup)   =  30 hours

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dan,

After above change in OPK4 to Propose Services did you create new order and tried?

Check with creating a new order and see if that works?

BR
KK

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It appears that the "propose" function only applies to "setup".

Propose activities

Specifies that the activity which according to planning has yet to be confirmed, is proposed for confirmation by the system.

Examples

Total activity to be confirmed (setup) = 100 hours

Activity previously confirmed (setup)  =  70 hours

=> (Proposal)  Activity yet to be confirmed (setup)   =  30 hours

The screenshot below shows this when I add in a setup time and confirm part of it, the value that is proposed works exactly as we need.

Is there a way to apply the same feature to the "Production Time"?

Regards,

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys, having "Display Default" selected as well has not made any change.

We also have nothing created within OPKI.

Little bit stumped now really.

Regards,

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have yes.  I have changed the settings for our "PP01" order type as follows:

I have then created a new production order with the following operation to test with:

I have then confirmed part of the available times (activities to confirm 2 & 3) with zero quantity as follows:

When I try to book the quantity and the remaining time, the value still defaults to the full amount even though 20 mins is already confirmed:

kiran_kumar179
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dan,

Select Display Default check box also try again because SAP help says

Display activities to be confirmed

Specifies that activities yet to be confirmed should be displayed on the screen when entering confirmations.

BR
KK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

could you try OPKI setting default value for collective acquistion.

Let me know if this advise has solved your problem.

Danile