cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move costs posted on a CO object in previous fiscal year to current fiscal year

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi PS/CO Experts,

Can you please suggest a method in which we can move the costs that have already been posted on a cost object in the previous fiscal year (Please note that the previous fiscal year has been closed) to the current fiscal year?

Regards

Varun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (9)

Answers (9)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Adding to this discussion, the business is not willing to open any periods of previous fiscal year. If we carry out full settlement will we be in a position to use the same WBSe again for posting actuals and then settling them accordingly?

What would be the procedure to carry out full settlement to ensure that there are no left over amounts in previous fiscal year?

Any help shall be much appreciated.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

To summarize this , the final solution to this problem would be to manually repost the costs using kb11n from WBSe to the cost center in the previous period and then repost this amount from the cost center to the same WBSe in the current period and settle the amount accordingly. (As per OSS Note 140672 suggested by Varshal). Please correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Regards

Varun

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

To repost the values  in previous month which is in last FY you need to open the FI periods which you said is not possible in your scenario!!

Because if you can open the closed period you dont need to do all this.. just reverse the transaction and post a new one.. Best practice would be that only.. I am not sure why there is so  much fuss @ Opening of a period??

Also why FI guys are not taking it up in their stride?? Why from PS you have to get it sorted?? Just curious..

if Opening Up of period is allowed. Go with the standard Route would be my suggestion..

Cheers

Sammar

former_member195427
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Cost posting will be possible using KB11n/KB61 etc. Not sure whether reversal will work or not as previous periods are already closed.So technically, reversal should not happen.

Regards

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varshal,

That was exactly what I was having in mind to use KB11N/KB15N to transfer the costs from the WBS element posted in the previous fiscal year to the current fiscal year. However will it be ok if I suggest creation of new WBS elements to move out the costs posted in the previous fiscal year to the current fiscal year and then resettle these values in the current period? I dont think this provides an answer.  The problem here is that the business is not willing to open the previously closed financial periods.

Regards

Varun

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not necesarily new Cost object has to be A WBSe. It can be a Cost center as well, as long as a Cost Obejct remains as a cost Object.

Moreover, we do not need to open any previous peiods/ years for the Settlement. (You may refer http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/424139 in addition to the earlier Note).

Other than the option suggested earlier, there is no other option but to open period which is not advised.

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar,

It was a journal entry from FI. The business is not willing to re-open the closed financial periods.However the controlling periods are open.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Varshal,

The OSS note you have suggested is something to do with production/process orders.

Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sammar/Varshal,

Thanks a lot for your prompt replies. The exact business requirement is to move the actuals posted on a WBSe from previous fiscal year to current fiscal year. Please note that the controlling periods are open but the financial periods have been closed. Is there a way in controlling to move the actuals posted on a WBSe from previous fiscal year to current fiscal year (Current Period)? Please note that the costs posted on the WBSe have not been reversed/settled.

Regards

Varun

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

How was the actual posted to the WBS? Was it a GR or a Journal Entry from FI?

I think in both the cases you need to reopen the last financial year period and reverse the entry. And do the posting for this year.. Get a confirmation from your FICO guys..

Cheers

Sammar

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please Settle the Cost from Previous year from WBS to a new Cost Object (e.g. another WBS) in the current Period/Year. Refer to the The Note suggested for the Options.

Then Use the KB11N/KB15N from the New Cost Object to the Old WBS ELements.

Hope It helps!!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

varshal_kachole3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please review http://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/140672

Hope it helps!

Thanks and Regards,

Varshal Kachole

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Varun,

You need to post a reversal document for the same amount and again do the posting in this financial year?

Is the cost which you want to reverse already settled from the Project to its receiver? What's the reason of this reversal?

Can you elaborate on your need a bit more?

Cheers

Sammar