I would like to know how to prorate infotype 0014 according to dates

Please help me on how to write the PCR.

Thanks and Regards,

Zulfikarlos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Hi,

I wonder if this PCR works for multiple splits, Viswa and Remi Corriveau can you comment, the requirement is that the split should happen multiple times when ever the 0014 changes.

for example 0014 Changed 3 time in a given month of January 2014 from

01-Jan-2014 To 12-Jan-2014  

12-Jan-2014 To 20-Jan-2014

20-Jan-2014 To 31-Dec-9999

Thanks and Regards,

Zulfikarlos

viswanathappa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zulfikarlos

Yes, it will work with the above changes in dates.

Viswa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viswa,

It did not work, please find attached the screen shot for your perusal.

Schema Screen shot.

Parameter Screen Shot

PCR Screen Shot

PA30 Infotype 0014 Subtype 2010

Payroll Processing Log

Please let me know where i have missed out, it is not working and please let me know if you need more details.

Thanks and Regards,

Zulfikarlos

viswanathappa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zulfikarlos,

Can you provide me the screenshot of the input table as well?

Thank you

Viswa

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It would be useful if you would post a screen capture of the employee's log that indictes what Pay Period is being processed, and as mentioned by Sriviswanath, a screen shot of the input to function P0014 (which should contain 2 lines for WT 2010.  A screen shot of the Output (Table IT) showing up to the WT after 2010 is also recommended.

For your initial tests, I suggest that you delete operations ELIMI A and WPBPC from the processing of a WT with Pr.Cl. 47 with value M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not worked on the Proration as of now, but have completed a major issue in Document posting, if you are interested in knowing more on HR Payroll document reversal between HR <> FI Interface, please look out for a document that i will contribute shortly.

The HR Document reversal from HR client from FI Client an Interface.

HR a different client

FI a different client.

Thanks and Regards,

Zulfikarlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply, below are the screen shot for your perusal, this is not working, please help, i tried Remis option too.

1. PA30 0014 Screen Shot of Wage type 2010

2. Calculation Rule Screenshot

3. Payroll Run Screenshot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

I tried the option that you said but even that is not working.

Please help.

Thanks and Regards,

Zulfikarlos

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's strange to see the Input to function P0014, where the data from IT0014 is read, as it shows Amount (blank), Currency 10, Number INR and Unit 0.00.

Also, it is unusual that you create in IT0014, WT 2010 is created with an amount, and one of the first operations in Z011 is to replace whatever amount there is by the value 1 (AMT=1).

I can't figure out how WT 2010 ends up with an amount of 110 in the Output since there seems to be no WPBP splits and the IT starts during the middle of January (what pay period was being execured?).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi / Viswa,

I tried the below Calculation Rule and it works fine but the problem is it does not display in my RT table , when is check for the result in PC_PAYRESULT, the amount is different, but when checked the payroll log the amount is correct.

And have to do a retro too when there are back date changes for this wage type, thats another requirement, please him me with the retro too.

Please find below screen shot for your perusal.

1. PA30 Screenshot

2. Calculation Rule.

3. Payroll Log

4. PC_PAYRESULT - RT Table.

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please repeat your Payroll Simulation (or Calculation), with the "Display log" box checked, open the Log to reveal your sub-schemas, and double click on the sub-schema containing Function P0014 to expand it, and use the search option to follow your WT and identify where it's amount changes from 4,355 to 2,388.  If it's not in that sub-schema, then close it and double-click on the next sub-schema, and so on until you find the source of the change.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remim

Thanks for the answer, now i have found out where this data coming from, i am analyzing it.

Mean while i would like to know if i can do a retroactive accounting  for this wage type.

Warm Regards,

Zulfikarlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir Remi,

Please help me with the retroactive accounting for the Wage type.

If there are any changes in the Payroll Past, the amount should also reflect in the current Payroll.

TThanks and Regards,

Zulfikarlos

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zulfikarlos,

As per your query you want to do the Pro rata on Infotype 14.

Please go through the below step by which you can do it.

1. Assign PC 47 as a custom Z against your IT14 wage types. Then modify the standard pcr and add custom pcr in subschema.

Z011

2. For retro you have to remodified retro pcr X042, X043 & X044.

Please check and tell me.

Regards,

Sankarsan

viswanathappa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zulfikarlos,

Great that the solution is working.

For retro it depends on where you have place the PCR.

Normally it should work for retro's as well.

Could you please provide us the screenshots of the retro processing? Provide us the FOR-PERIOD processing of the rule that you have created.

This will help us to analyse and provide a solution.

Thank you

Viswa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viswa,

I have not created any rule for retro, can you please assist in writing a rule for retro. I have attached screenshot of the schema and Wage type Processing of Retro for your perusal.

Do i have to create a PCR for retro, if yes how to create one.

1. Schema

2. Wage type Processing Class 70

Thank you for your valuable time.

Experts please assist.

Thanks and Regards,

Zulfikarlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viswa / Remi,

Please find below X043 PCR screenshot for your perusal.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

X043 Screenshot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viswa,

Kind of resolved the retro, it is in the standard PCR in wage type /560.

Now i wonder if we can make a small change. Would like to calculate the wage type 2010 from BAsic Pay infotype 0008 @ 6%, below is an example.

Any Change in Basic Pay, Infotype 0014 (Wage Type - 2010) should update with 6%  from basic pay and a retro to happen for Infotype 0014 from the date of record creation in Infotype 0014.

Thanks and Regards,

Zulfikarlos

viswanathappa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zulfikarlos,

Do you want the amount to be displayed in the info type (6% of Base Pay)?

If not, it is easy to valuate the wage type in payroll by configuring in the table V_512W_B

if you are saying Base pay, is it one single wage type or total of multiple wage types

if it is multiple wage types you have to create a cumulation class and then valuate on the cumulated wage type (/1**)

Thank you

Viswa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry for the delayed reply, what you have suggested is absolutely right with respect to the deletion of WPBPC and ELIMI. The rule worked as you suggested.

Thank you Viswa for assisting in other issues.

Sir Remi and Viswa i have another query, i have created a thread for this can you please look into this as well below is the link.

scn.sap.com/thread/3636481

Thanks and Regards,

Zulfikarlso

viswanathappa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer to the following link I found in SCN

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-45562

Thank you

Viswa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srivaswanath,

Can you please give your valuable inputs on Grossup, i have mentioned the thread that i have create below. I hope in Canada there is Payroll Gross up. I am working in Indonesia Gross up and have not found any solution can you please help. This will be a good learning to all as there are no documentation and threads available for Indonesia Gross-up. awaiting for your expert analysis.

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3643983

Thanks and regards,

Zulfikarlos

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Below is link where same scenario is posted & got Answer.

Ur's Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zulfikarlos

All you need to do is create a Z processing class for Class "47". Copy PCR 'X011' to 'Z011'. For the custom class, say Z, the PCR will be processed as below:

Hope this helps.

Regards

Divya Tiwari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

VARGBFAMST Tab.field VVVVV v.ky

WPALL?LAST ID = LAST?

N

Y

AMT?IZSHNG Comparison

ADDWT *    OT   Output table

<

RTE=FZ7N   Set

RTE?1      Comparison

=

ZERO= NRA  AmtNumRteTime = 0

RTE=FZ7T   Set              

AMT=IZMHNG Set

MULTI RAA  Multipl.amt/no/rate

AMT/TKDIVI Division

ADDWT 1001 OT   Output table

RTE-TKDIVI Subtraction

RTE*-1     Multiplication

AMT=0      Set

AMT=IZSHNG Set

MULTI RAA  Multipl.amt/no/rate

AMT/TKDIVI Division

ADDWT 1001 OT   Output table

>

AMT=IZMHNG Set

ADDWT *    OT   Output table

Regards,

pradip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradip,

Can you please share the codes in proper format, as i am new to Schema it is very difficult understanding the content that u have posted, please share any document that you have worked on proration, will highly appreciate.

Thanks and Regards,

Zulfikarlos

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The PCR examples shown by Sriviswanath and Pradip were "codes in proper format".

There is lots of documentation available online on SAP's Payroll Schema and Payroll PCRs, and "proration" can be done more than one way.

Before you try to create PCRs and modify your Schema, I suggest that you execute a Payroll Simulation for one employee, with the "Display log" box checked, and drill down into that log to learn about processing, such as what is the input depending on the Function and what is the processing associated with it.

Your schema should have function P0014 already in it, so you should do the payroll simulation for an employee with an IT0014.  Find that function in your schema and look at the PCR that is associated with it.  Find that function in the Payroll Log and look at the Input values, at the processing that happens, and at the Output.

Use t-code pe04 to learn more about Payroll Functions and Operations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder if this PCR works for multiple splits, Viswa and Remi Corriveau can you comment, the requirement is that the split should happen multiple times when ever the 0014 changes.

Thanks and Regards,

Zulfikarlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradip,

Not able to read that, can you please structure that and send that back please. So that it is easy for some one like me who is very new to Schemas and PCR understand.

Thanks and Regards,

Zulfikarlos

viswanathappa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zulfikarlos,

The PRATE function will only work properly on the rule that is called through the function P0014 & P0057.

This PRATE will prorate based on the calendar days.

In our case we have created a rule after the Processing of Time data schema.

Then in our custom processing class created a new parameter 'Prorate IT0014'

If a wage type is marked with that parameter the following rule is processed

Please go through the documentation of the operation PRATE and validate if it is suitable for your requirement.

Thank you

Viswa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viwa,

Have you implemented PRATE that you have mentioned as screenshot and if yes can you share the complete steps that you have configured, that will immensely help me a lot.

Please consider this as a favor, as i am new to payroll schema, can you please share the complete documentation.

Thanks and Regards

Zulfikarlos

viswanathappa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zulfikarlos,

Can you share you current schema?

So that I will have an idea where to place the solution and how.

Please do not forget to mark the replies (answered/helpful)

Thank you

Viswa

viswanathappa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zulfikarlos,

Yes, we have implemented the solution.

Have you gone through the explanation I have provided? Please note that PRATE is one of the possible solutions.

Make sure that fits your current requirement.

If you are sure that PRATE is the solution then you have to change the rule associated with the function P0014 in your schema.

We have achieved it by creating a parameter in a new custom processing class.

The logic in the rule reading the P0014 function is changed to read the parameter in the new processing class.

If a wage type is marked with the new parameter it will prcoess through PRATE and prorate the wage type based on dates.

Please go through the PRATE documentation, which can be accessed through the transaction PE04 before making any changes.

Thank you

Viswa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Viswa,

Can you please let me know what Processing class did you use, i was seeing Processing class 47. is it the right Processing class to look at.

And can you share your contact details in your vcard.

Thanks and Regards,

Zulfikarlos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks and Regards,

Zulfikarlos

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The Custom Processing Class range should be 90 to 99.

You can use t-code PC00_M99_DLGA20 to check if an other PrCl would enable you to make a decision on which WT to prorate in IT0014, but most likely you'll have to create your own.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Remi,

Do we have to create a custom Processing Class for my requirement.

Thanks and Regards,

Zulfikarlos

viswanathappa
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Zulfikarlos

I think you can use function PRATE in the factoring PCR to check for start date and end date.

Thank you

Viswa

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

According to the documentation, Operation PRATE is used within a Personnel Calculation Rule that is called by Function P0014 or P0057.