cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do conditional formatting between two columns in excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to do conditional formatting between actual cost and plan cost column of excel, you can see screen shot of query data in excel.

Here I want to conditional formatting like, if actual cost is less than with plan cost then I want to show actual cost in red color.

Please help me to solve this issue.

Best Regards

Nilesh P

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hello,

i would recommend to implement a derived key figure in you query with the query designer: actual cost - plan cost.

Use the conditional formating based on the derived key figure being less than zero (or what suits your case).

Use the apply to option of your conditional format with your actual cost as target..

Kind Regards,

Werner Mittrup

former_member110741
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Could you try the option Applied to under Display  in Conditional Formatting dialog

this should work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Applied to option will apply conditional formatting on mentioned cell if the condition is satisfied.

For making condition we have to write some static value, then it will compare mentioned cell value with static value. In my case I want to compare one cell value with another cell not with any fixed value for making condition.

Regards

Nilesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You could also try the excel highlighting and then on the crosstab settings remove the setting “Apply default formats” this is on the components tab.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please follow tutorial

In the future please also search before you post your question per SCN rules of engagement.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

I have seen this video earlier also, But my scenario is I have to compare each row actual and plan cost value depend on value of both column I have to do conditional formatting.

I cannot set here any particular value for conditional formatting how he is setting in tutorial.

Can you please tell me is it possible to do conditional formatting like these.

Best Regards

Nilesh P

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am not really following then; perhaps you can mock up what should be highlighted in red

Depending on the level, it may be better / easier to do this in the BEx query and then activate it in Analysis Office