cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Schema could not be resolved for public synonym

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was executing the following document I'm currently stuck in step 4 .I get the following when i try to activate PAL_DEMO_TABLES.hdbti. All the previous steps where successfully executed.

Error:

p1940812895trial.dev.myhanaXS.data.loads:PAL_DEMO_TABLES.hdbti

Schema could not be resolved for public synonym. Check that the target table exists.

PAL_DEMO_TABLES.hdbdd

namespace p1940812895trial.dev.myhanaXS.paldemo.data;

@Schema: '_SYS_BIC'

context PAL_DEMO_TABLES {

@Catalog.tableType : #COLUMN

Entity PAL_ABC_RESULT_TBL {

key ABC: String(10);

key COMPANY_NAME: String(100);

};

@Catalog.tableType : #COLUMN

Entity PAL_CONTROL_TBL {

key Name: String(100);

intArgs: Integer null;

doubleArgs: Decimal(15,2) null;

strArgs: String(100) null;

};};

PAL_DEMO_TABLES.hdbti:

import = [{

schema = "_SYS_BIC";

cdstable = "p1940812895trial.dev.myhanaXS.paldemo.data::PAL_DEMO_TABLES.PAL_CONTROL_TBL";

file = "p1940812895trial.dev.myhanaXS.paldemo.data.loads:pal_control.csv";

header = false;

}];

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have activated the .hdbdd file but i was not able to locate any tables under _SYS_BIC other than column view. But still not able to resolve it.

0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

can you post screenshot for your .hdbdd file path?

Did you get any error while activating your .hdbdd file? If your file got activated execute below line in SQL console

call

_SYS_REPO.GRANT_SCHEMA_PRIVILEGE_ON_ACTIVATED_CONTENT('select','_SYS_BIC','<username>');

thanks

Bhupender

Former Member
0 Kudos

No i did not get any errors i got the following output after executing the sql.

Could not execute 'call _SYS_REPO.GRANT_SCHEMA_PRIVILEGE_ON_ACTIVATED_CONTENT('select','_SYS_BIC','p1940812895trial')'

SAP DBTech JDBC: [258]: insufficient privilege: Not authorized

I've attached the screenshots

0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

You dont have privilege for _SYS_BIC schema,

check whether for your user, under Object Privilege you have _SYS_BIC schema,

If not then ask your system user to assign you privilege. One alternative which you can use is to create your own schema and change schema name from your .hdbdd file.

Thanks

Bhupender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a sql cmd to grant privileges  for _SYS_BIC  through sql ??? Since complete wizard functions is not available for trial users. But is'nt the document Using Predictive Analysis Library (PAL) in SAP HANA Cloud Platform ment for trial usage ???

0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

I dont think you (any user)can get access to _SYS_BIC schema using SQL, without granted by SYSTEM user.

Its better to create a new schema If you don't have privilege for _SYS_BIC.

Thanks

Bhupender

0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

Is this issue resolved?

Thanks

Bhupender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes i was able to resolve it . I Had to reload the entire project and start from scratch  thats the only way i could. Still did not find the cause of the error

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

Same code worked for me. Error will come if your .hdbdd file is not activated, so First activate your .hdbdd file and check whether objects(In your case tables) got created under _SYS_BIC schema.

Thanks

Bhupender

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

As the error implies, can you please check if the target table exists. You can first activate only HDBDD and see if they can be created successfully in catalog.

Best regards,

Wenjun