Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web service for custom BAPI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

We have created a BAPI as suggested in SAPTechnical.COM - Custom BAPI creation - Step-by-step Procedure.

But , while creating web service (BAPI->Alphabetical -> Object-> tools-> create web service -> start wizard) , we are facing the following error.

BAPI zbusobj_dp has not yet been created

Message no. WS_TOOL063

Please suggest with solution

Thanks,

Narendra.

6 REPLIES 6

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Activate/Generate the Business Object thru SWO1, or ask at original site...

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Raymond,

Thanks for reply & suggestion.

even after regenerate the Object, same error .

Regards,

Narendra.

0 Kudos

So release BAPI, Business Object Type and method of the BOR.

Take a look at transaction BAPI there is a checklist under tab "project" to create a "true" BAPI. Be aware that now you will be required to unrelease each of those objects for every modification, so perform test and documentation before this step.

Regards,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tries to create directly the Web Service from the RFC? You don't need a business object to make this.

Regards,

David.

0 Kudos

Hi David,

Yes, I have created web service for RFC. And it is working fine.

But the requirement is to create Web service for Custom BAPI, this business object is containing 24 API methods .

Regards,

Narendra.

0 Kudos

Is there any difference between doing it from tcode BAPI or directly for the RFC? I've never done it from the business object.

I guess it's just what Raymond mentioned before; the release flag is not set and thus the wizard fails when done from the business object.