Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating Business Views for Multiple Business Elements

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

I could come to the some extent of learning business views with the help of Abhilash. I am really thankful for that.

Now I am struck in a situation where I have created 15 Business Elements for 15 Fact tables. I am unable to understand how create Business Views.

To my understanding I need to create 15 Business Views for 15 reports but I am unsure and needed assistance in this aspect to complete my business view creation.

Please help me whether to create 15 Business Views or 1 business view for 15 fact tables in the same way how many LoV I need to create 15 or 1...

Thanks for your time and patience.

Siva

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva kumar,

Depend on your requirement you need to create Business Views. if your Business requirement is different for 15 reports and the objects are different then you can go for 15 Business View.

The parameter you are using same for all the 15 reports then you will create a only one LOV, if the LOV's are different then depend on the requirement you will create the LOV's based on that Business Views.

Please elaborate your requirement then i can help you...

Regards,

Naga.

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Naga for your reply.

All 15 reports have different fields hence I created 15 business elements.. but at the same time all 15 reports use same parameter.

Please guide me in correct path.

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shiva,

You can create a one LOV in the Business View then use that same LOV in all the reports.

To you that LOV, you need to go for Dynamic parameter  in the crystal reports.

Regards,

Naga.

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks again Naga for your response...

Your input clarifies me regarding the LoV... can you also assist me on Business Views on how many should I create...

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

sure shiva...

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

You would only need one Business View as stated in my previous reply.

All the Business Elements you have created will be housed in one single Business View. When you create a report against this Business View, you'll be presented with a list of Business Elements to choose from (similar to a list of tables that show up in the Database Expert).

Depending on what business area you're reporting for, you can choose the right Business Element and proceed.

-Abhilash

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Abhilash..

Will try and let you know the result..

former_member201536
Participant
0 Kudos

its working thanks

Answers (0)