cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text Name of Basic Pay should be changed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basic Pay has already created Now User would like to change the text name of Basic Pay to Salary. How would i do that?

Experts throw some light on this

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201807
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you wants to change the name of wage type tax.

Go to table sm30-->v_512w_t

Slelect the wt you wants to change the text

Select delimit enter the new date which you wants to change the text.

Have a nice day!

Regards,

Rakesh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gupta,

Go through below step and change the Text of any wage type there is no provision to delimit this record

Personal Administration - Payroll Data - Basic Pay - Check wage type catalog - check wage type text

When you click on check wage type text img activity or use table i.e. V_512W_T directly and change

text accordingly.

Regards

BMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can able to change but iam not able to delimit

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Priya,

1. Give me full clarity like either do you want to delimit the record or do you want to change the text..?

2. Text can be changed but not with 2 text's like old record one text & new record one text...!

3. why do you want to delimit the record ? if because of the text only i think so that won't be use full to you...! &  i think so SAP standard can't be supported.

4. If you will change the text from old record what will happen...?

Ur's Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to delimit the text

For example: Basic Pay from 2010 till april 2014 it is named as basic pay

Basic Pay May 2014 till 31.12.999 It is named as salary

Is it possible

If i  give period in basic pay infotype for example april 2014 it should show as basic pay

If give may 2014 it should show as salary Is that is possible

If i change the text It will change the old text why it is required old and new text This is for change of salary structure for all employees It was different salary structure before now company would like to have another struture

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Priya,

I think so for your requirement SAP standard system can't be supported if do you want to maintain like that why don't you go with 2 wage type's...?

Ur's Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I will wait for end user decision on this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

As you mention its text of the wage type you have already created ,can be changed thur SM30 -V_T512T.

Hope its not 'TAX'  ????

Rgds,

Pradip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rakesh, Venkat, Pradip

Hi,

its text and not tax

I will try and get back to you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

When Iam changing the text directly without delimiting I can see changes in Basic Pay Info type

When Iam  delimiting I dont see changes  in Basic Pay Info type from effective Date. The delimiting table is below and it is  replacing the date to back date when i check in basic pay infotype from effective date from sep i dont see any changes i can see only old changes

leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Priya,

This is like that only because system will show old name only it's means system is considering your changing only date. so if you would like to change the name you will have to change the name from previous record.

Ur's Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

v_t512t  and v_512w_t  by using both these transaction code we can create text of wage types. basic pay wage type you have already created that why we need to delimit that wage type when you want create new text , v_t512t table here we can"t delimit because there no delimit option.  v_512w_t here we can delimit wage type name which is already exist.

thanks & regards

venkat