BOM Explosion in MRP runs for sub-contracting PO
We have sub- contracting Purchase order in business scenario.
Subcontracting PO is required to be considered as demand for MRP. As I have checked PO is showing in MD04, after MRP run using transaction code
MD02 subcontracting BOM not exploding.
Sub contacting PO raised on “X” procurement type material, PR is required on BOM item “F” Procurement type
Please suggest what all special setting is required as master data & configuration data.
Thanks in advance!!!
Mariano Cabalen replied
In the header or parent material (the material that is being produced bu your subcontractor) you have to maintain the following data:
- Procurement type = F
- Special Proc Type = 30
- MRP Type = PD
- Lot Size, Minimum Lot Size, Rounding Value: Enter what is convinient for your business.
- Be sure you have a BOM (CS01)
- Create a Production version indicating the BOM (C223)
- Enter Selection Method 3 in the MRP4 view of the material master
- Create an Info Record (type Subcontracting).. (ME11)
- Create a Source List (ME01)
Run the MRP and check MD04