cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMLT Language import issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to import languages in ECC EHP 7 system. Language import hangs and I get follwing message in SLOG file:

SLOG File

***********************************************************************************************

ERROR:       The following call returned with exit code 7:

ERROR:         sapevt.exe SAP_TRIGGER_RDDIMPDP -t name=GQ1

ERROR:       Background jobs cannot be started.

ERROR:       Please check trace file dev_evt.

WARNING:       (This warning is harmless if no further warnings follow.)

***********************************************************************************************

dev_evt file

**********************************************************************************************

Trace File of External Event Raiser (Level=0, Append=0)

******* Complete Call: *******
sapevt.exe
SAP_TRIGGER_RDDIMPDP
name=GQ1
pf=\\gacy1ap040\sapmnt\GQ1\SYS\profile\DEFAULT.PFL
******* End of Call *******

EventID: SAP_TRIGGER_RDDIMPDP
SAP message server host: gacy1ap040
SAP message server service (new): 3901
SAP message server service (old): sapmsGQ1
Event sent to server gacy1ap040_GQ1_00

*************************************************************************************************

I referred SAP Note 449270 and 1702079 and set all parameters as per these SAP notes , but the issue still exists.

My current system is new installed (QA) distributed SAP system with one Application instance and dayabase instance on separate host.

I am facing similar issue in my newly installed production system which is High Availability system.

Kindly request you to help me on this.

Regards,

Suhas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suhas,

Please test your transport system by importing a TR in Q system. If this is configured and already working , please check if you have followed the steps from this document.

Installation of Languages on SAP systems

regards

Vagesan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vagesan,

Thank you for the help.

For QA, there was some problem with transport system which I couldn't figure out. So, I restored the initial system backup and configured TMS again and now the problem is resolved.

For Production, I simply set SYSTEM_PF parameter in STMS and  after restart of the system it solved the issue.

Regards,

suhas

Answers (0)