cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset all not working after DS 1.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I had reset button which clears each dimension that has been changed by the user after the initial view of the dashboard.

Until before DS 1.3 upgrade it was working perfectly fine. Note: I didnt use clear all instead cleared each dimension corresponding to the datasources.

Now after upgrade to 1.3, when i click on reset it does the reset for a split second and reverts to the filtered view immediately.

Due to which users are not able to navigate within the dashboard.

Any suggestions/ideas are appreciated on this.

Regards

Merlin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I realized the issue exists in firefox ver 31.1 and works perfectly fine in IE 10.

Is there any browser versions suggested by SAP, since i see the difference in report display appearing between IE and Firefox.

Regards

Merlin    

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Merlin,

Please review the SAP Design Studio PAM for browser support by SAP (SMP logon required)

https://websmp209.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000211262014E

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tammy

Thanks for the link. In the PAM it says, for Firefox  version >=17.x is supported.

But I face the issue with Firefox 31.1 version, not sure what could be the problem.

We are currently in SAP BIP 4.1 and SAP NW 7.3 SP 9

Regards

Merlin

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Merlin, how you mean the sentence

"Now after upgrade to 1.3, when i click on reset it does the reset for a split second and reverts to the filtered view immediately."?

this issue is not connected to the used browser as the function is in BIAL area, which is executed on the server.

but why you do not use the clearAllFilters() function?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol

I am not sure about that. But I find this difference happening between the  2 browsers.

I didn't used clearallfilters() because it alters the entire structure of the DS. I have used the same datasource for multiple charts and when doing clearall it resets everything.

I know I have to put additional script to keep the charts intact.

But why will not clearfilter() work which was perfectly working fine with DS1.2?

Regards

Merlin

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

as written, if oyu can prove this was working in 1.2 and does not work in 1.3 - you should open incident. this is an issue then which must be investigated and this cannot be done based on this forum.

please double check with local installation of 1.2 release and if still does not work, standard support process must be applied.

Regards, Karol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karol

Thanks for the suggestion. Will do the needful and raise it with SAP.

Regards

Merlin

Karol-K
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you can confirm that something was working and is not working any more after upgrade, you should open customer incident - reason is that it will be difficult to correct it in this forum.

you can install 2 versions and check in local mode the function.

How to Install 2 Design Studio Releases on One Client (for Testing ONLY!)

Karol

kohesco
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I use

DS_1.clearAllFilters();

and it is working fine for me in DS 1.3

Grtz

Koen