cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smp sdk 04 not installing ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts, i am installing the latest sdk 04 of smp and it is failing during the installation . says "wrong password" . How to proceed further ?

screenshot here :

Suggest me !!!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190800
Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Michael,

The team here also asked to confirm that this is a system upgrade, since the SMP Server 'start' text is grayed-out.  It would not normally be grayed-out during a clean install. 

For an upgrade, you need to enter the password for the existing account.

Stan

Former Member
0 Kudos

The windows password has changed between the time of SP03 to SP04 . trying with the new password always failed . Roll back of the OS password to and upgrading it worked .

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To me this looks like either you don't have permission to create a user or you are violating company password policies on passwords. However, I have never never seen this error before.

Is this on your local PC or on a central server ?

Søren Hansen

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

i am installing the latest sdk 04 of smp

But what you are installing is smp 3.0.x server not SDK. Please check the installer once again.

If you are keen to install server then make sure windows account password and confirm windows account password should match.

Regards

JK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kansal, I am installing Runtime not SDK.

i tried giving the same windows password, but it failed again.

I can see the service in service.msc with user ./smpServiceUser , but dont know the password. Is there any default password / how to recover the password ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

the management cockpit and , gateway cockpit also does nt start . at

https://sapsmpdev:8083/Admin/

Jitendra_Kansal
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

In general, there is no default password as such for windows user "smpServiceUser" . You can give any password.

e.g. s3pServiceUser

Can you check this discussion

Regards

JK