cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with Periodic Values on a YTD Model.

former_member466150
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have loaded Transaction Data into a YTD Model and I am using MEASURES = PERODIC in Reporting to show Periodic Values month wise.

My issue is that for some months it is having 0 values (in my case 2015.12 = 0).

So when 2015.12 = 0, it is loading aggregated value upto 2015.11 into 2015.12 with negative sign (for me upto 2015.11 = 11000 then 2015.12 = -11000).

I have to show 2015.12 = 0 only. But the default behaviour for YTD Model when used with MEASURES = PERIODIC in report is like this only.

Please post your suggestions how to achieve this (i.e 2015.12 = 0).

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Hemanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member466150
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

While implementing Custom Measure using Program UJA_MAINTAIN_MEASURE_FORMULA we are facing the error as shown in the image.

We have crossed checked with the Standard APPSHEL for it also facing the same error as below.

Please post your suggestions.

Regards,

Hemanth

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

First of all, please explain, what are you trying to achieve with custom measure formula????

Vadim

P.S. The issues with custom measures saving are solved if you upgrade to the latest SP for BPC AND BW components.

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

Per definition the model with YTD storage assumes that you get correct data only for periods with data for all measures.

Example:

YTD Measure on YTD:

Oct: 80

Nov: 100

Dec: Not entered - assumed as zero  and reported as zero.

Year.Total: Result of Dec - zero

If you copy Nov data to Dec - you will have more meaningful result on Year end.

Same logic for Periodic measure.

Vadim

P.S. The key reason for this behavior is that BPC do not differentiate zero and no record. And the logic is the same.

former_member466150
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Valdim,

Issus is that we are having data upto August 2015.

Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec data yet to be received as transactions not yet been performed.

So the values for those months should be empty.

YTD Report:

Periodic Report:

In the Periodic Report for the Month Sep it has to be null not -8000.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if it is about the report you could add MEASURE to the columns and show PER up to the user selected month and YTD for all remaining months until the end of the year.

BR,
Arnold

former_member186338
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

"In the Periodic Report for the Month Sep it has to be null not -8000" - but how? The system doesn't know that you have not received data for SEP,OCT,NOV,DEC.... It assumes that you have zeros in this months.

Just imaging that for some month you really have zero received, than in PERIODIC you will correctly have -(Prev month YTD value)!

By the way, zero records are eliminated when you launch light optimization with zero elimination...

Vadim

former_member210696
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

That's a known problem in BPC. YTD reporting on YTD model works fine but periodic/QTD reporting on YTD would always work like this only. In order to get the YTD value in Dec month as zero, it will store the -(Sum of all previous periods) in periodic measure.

You have to create a custom measure to report periodic numbers.

Regards,

Ashish