cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory Valuation by FIFO method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We need to know if it is possible to get any report where in we can know what would the inventory valuation be if inventory is to be valued by FIFO method. Currently the valuation method is moving average. We need this for year end purpose only. We do not want to post any entries or change the existing valuation of the inventory for any of the items. We only need a simulation report for Inventory valuation by FIFO method. Is there any way we can get such a report??

Thanks,

Pritesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pritesh,

For that you have to configure FIFO valuation method.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have configured FIFO valuation method and tried on the test server. I have the following 2 questions in it:

1) When executing MRF1, there is an error while creating the Batch Input session.

bdc_close_group, session not opened

message no. 00330

2) If the session does get created, as per my understanding if the session is processed, system executes the Tcode MR22 in background and postings take place as

Inventory account    -    DR

Revaluation account  -  CR.

My doubt is that, will this change the existing valuation of the Inventory ? We do not want to change the existing valuation.

Thanks,

Pritesh.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pritesh,

Yes, it will update your material valuation. You have to execute the report MRF1 with below settings. Then system will not create any batch input as well as not update any price.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks a ton for the prompt and accurate help..!! Its working.

But the Issue is that the report shows no difference in MAP and FIFO valuation for any Material which is not possible. Am  I doing something wrong??

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pritesh,

Try to do testing as mentioned below:

1. GR receipts with different prices

2. Issues goods partially for each GR receipts

3. After that you run FIFO valuation.

You might get the difference between MAP & FICO.

Regards,

Mukthar