cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOBI 4.x Webi - Graphs when exported to Excel, turns as picture.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

In SAP BO XI 3.x version, a Webi document having graphs, when exported to Excel sheet, the graphs are exported as they are and were able to modify them. However, in SAP BO BI 4.x version, the graphs are exported as picture and are not able modify them.

I tried with multiple 4.x versions even with 4.1 SP4, but its still the same.

Is this by design that the Chart\Graph engine saves them as picture in 4.x or there are some settings that need to be done?

Any help is much appreciated.

Regards,

Abhay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member203850
Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.this feature is not available in BI 4.X

Kindly refer below link for the same:

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?idea_id=%7B8F863F84-DFCB-48EF-B79B-348CCBC6D695%7D

Regards,

Pranay

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello SAP/BO

9 months later - where are you with this idea of restoring past functionality ?

We have just upgraded to BO 4.1 SP5 and now face this issue.

BR

Henrik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Does any one has any update on this thread?. Is the "Export as chart only from WEBI" fixed in any new Service pack?

As the chart gets exported as image into excel, we cannot even see the tool tip of the data values of the chart.

Does anybody have any workaround for this i.e to show the tool tip for the data values in excel. I can see them in WEBI but not in excel.

Please update!!

Regards,

Kavitha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for reply and the Idea link.

nikhil_joy2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Abhay,

As you suspected, the functionality to add webi chart as excel chart while exporting has been changed in BO 4.x version. Please see below idea page where developers like us asking to restore the same functionality. The idea is under review now. Cast a vote for the idea.

https://ideas.sap.com/ct/ct_a_view_idea.bix?c=1DA84A30-1E5A-43FA-95C5-857A8B99D197&idea_id=8F863F84-...

Regards,

Nikhil Joy